PDA

View Full Version : Time For a New Tire, or TireS?

newbert
09-05-2018, 08:44 PM
At Spyderquest today, it was pointed out to me (by Netzley Tire) that "we noticed that you need a new rear tire". My Spyder is a 2016 F3-T with approximately 9700 miles on the odometer. The other recent thread here about whether a tire is worn has made me take a second look at it, and I agree that perhaps it's time.

So my questions are:

1. Is it advisable to just change the rear tire (and keep running the OEM tires on the front), or should I do all three right now?

2. I haven't spoken with Netzley to see what tires they have in stock at Spyderquest but, assuming they have a good selection, what specific (car) tire(s) would you recommend?

3. Is it necessary to have a laser alignment done when getting new tires? (I had an alignment done by Netzley at last year's Spyderquest, and the Spyder seems to still be tracking well.)

Note: If it matters, I don't feel that I'm a very aggressive ryder. I follow the speed limits or just 5-10mph above. I prefer smooth and steady thru the twisties rather than "chirping" the tires.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

trikermutha
09-05-2018, 09:59 PM
At Spyderquest today, it was pointed out to me (by Netzley Tire) that "we noticed that you need a new rear tire". My Spyder is a 2016 F3-T with approximately 9700 miles on the odometer. The other recent thread here about whether a tire is worn has made me take a second look at it, and I agree that perhaps it's time.

So my questions are:

1. Is it advisable to just change the rear tire (and keep running the OEM tires on the front), or should I do all three right now? Just rear

2. I haven't spoken with Netzley to see what tires they have in stock at Spyderquest but, assuming they have a good selection, what specific (car) tire(s) would you recommend? Many out there your choice and threads on this subject

3. Is it necessary to have a laser alignment done when getting new tires? (I had an alignment done by Netzley at last year's Spyderquest, and the Spyder seems to still be tracking well.) No as long as it was put back together the same way

Note: If it matters, I don't feel that I'm a very aggressive ryder. I follow the speed limits or just 5-10mph above. I prefer smooth and steady thru the twisties rather than "chirping" the tires.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

comments in red

Haze
09-06-2018, 12:52 AM
Netzly is a quality operation.
They installed a new rear tire for me last year at SpyderQuest.
Fast service at a reasonable price.
I went with an Altimax and had them check of my laser alignment too.
The Altimax corrected my speedometer to match my GPS.
Kept the stock front tires as they have many miles left in them.
I too am not an aggressive rider. Just do
the speed limit + a little bit and smell the roses.

opiewhan
09-06-2018, 08:04 AM

So my questions are:

1. Is it advisable to just change the rear tire (and keep running the OEM tires on the front), or should I do all three right now?

2. I haven't spoken with Netzley to see what tires they have in stock at Spyderquest but, assuming they have a good selection, what specific (car) tire(s) would you recommend?

3. Is it necessary to have a laser alignment done when getting new tires? (I had an alignment done by Netzley at last year's Spyderquest, and the Spyder seems to still be tracking well.)

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Just the rear tire is fine.. Wife has a Yokohama, I have a Kumho.. both work excellent.. Yokohama has more rain vectoring pattern and just looks :COOL".. no laser no nothing just had a certified can am mech do the change..

Highwayman2013
09-06-2018, 08:40 AM
I was at SpyderQuest last year and had Netzley put a rear tire on for me, I got the General Altimax at 10,000 miles and it's still good at 25,000 miles. You don't need another alignment or front tires.

Rob Rodriguez
09-06-2018, 08:54 AM
I'm not going to Spyder Quest but I'd like to ride over (about 3 hours) stop into the Vendor area (Netzley), get a tire installed and a laser alignment done. I can do that correct? I don't need to be part of Spyder Quest to do this?

SpyderAnn01
09-06-2018, 12:04 PM
I'm not going to Spyder Quest but I'd like to ride over (about 3 hours) stop into the Vendor area (Netzley), get a tire installed and a laser alignment done. I can do that correct? I don't need to be part of Spyder Quest to do this?

I guarantee you that Netzley won’t have a problem with that. But I’m sure they will be busy so you may have to wait.

newbert
09-06-2018, 04:26 PM
I was at SpyderQuest last year and had Netzley put a rear tire on for me, I got the General Altimax at 10,000 miles and it's still good at 25,000 miles. You don't need another alignment or front tires.

Thanks to all for the responses. I got the General Altimax installed on the rear tire today.