PDA

View Full Version : Sean Calvary helmet intercom pairing with Sena 10S

iw12surf
09-03-2018, 09:14 AM
I need to tap into the wealth of knowledge out there...I recently purchased a Sena Calvary helmet, a Sena 10S, and a Sena SM10 Dual Stream xmitter (great prices from Motorcycle Dave and excellent installation video from Finless Bob). I use the SM10 for external Sirius XM (Onyx) I have mounted in the trunk. I've been able to pair both the helmet and 10S for music, but am lost on intercom pairing as two different units and two different op manuals (pretty useless IMHO) :banghead: I know it's possible to listen to the XM and have intercom paired at the same time. Any help in blue collar layman terms much appreciated. Ryde sober, ryde safe. Btw, I ryde a '12 RT-Limited, though I figure that doesn't matter much when it comes to this particular issue.

finless
09-06-2018, 10:37 AM
I need to tap into the wealth of knowledge out there...I recently purchased a Sena Calvary helmet, a Sena 10S, and a Sena SM10 Dual Stream xmitter (great prices from Motorcycle Dave and excellent installation video from Finless Bob). I use the SM10 for external Sirius XM (Onyx) I have mounted in the trunk. I've been able to pair both the helmet and 10S for music, but am lost on intercom pairing as two different units and two different op manuals (pretty useless IMHO) :banghead: I know it's possible to listen to the XM and have intercom paired at the same time. Any help in blue collar layman terms much appreciated. Ryde sober, ryde safe. Btw, I ryde a '12 RT-Limited, though I figure that doesn't matter much when it comes to this particular issue.

Check YouTube... Lots of how to video there.
I did a search for you. Have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Sena+10S

Bob

iw12surf
09-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Check YouTube... Lots of how to video there.
I did a search for you. Have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Sena+10S

Bob

Thank you, Bob! I was able to get the Calvary and the 10S to work together using intercom, but not with the external Sirius XM. I'll dig deep in to these videos to find the solution. While I'm at it, the video you posted for installation of the SM10 dual xmitter was great and ez to follow.:clap:

Black Spyder
09-10-2018, 05:51 PM
I have the Sena Calvary Helmet it will only do Helmet to Helmet or Calvary to Sm10. This is one of it bad points. The Calvary has open mike so it’s not able to answer phone,listening to radio or etc if you are paired with another unit by its self you can do all these things. Hope this helps

UtahPete
09-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Isn't it supposed to be 'cavalry'?

iw12surf
09-10-2018, 08:33 PM
Isn't it supposed to be 'cavalry'?

All this time, and I just noticed that :opps:. Too many years around jet fuel and other assorted chemicals...such as lubricates, solvents and the like. Honest.:rolleyes:

iw12surf
09-10-2018, 08:36 PM
I have the Sena Calvary Helmet it will only do Helmet to Helmet or Calvary to Sm10. This is one of it bad points. The Calvary has open mike so it’s not able to answer phone,listening to radio or etc if you are paired with another unit by its self you can do all these things. Hope this helps

Appreciate that. I was afraid that's the case. Could've saved some serious $$$ and just bought two 10S. I spend most of the time ryding solo as it is.