PDA

View Full Version : 2016 F3-T SM6 Won't Turn On

kminahan
09-02-2018, 07:43 AM
Hello. While pulling into a parking lot yesterday, my bike went into limp mode. I turned it off and then re-started it and the limp mode was gone. I got to my destination and about 2 hours later I went to leave it wouldn't turn on. I had lights and horn, but the instrument panel was dark and it would not start. No power at all. I tried for about a half hour and still nothing, so I had to have the bike towed home. Got it off the roll-back and I put the key in and turned it on and it magically had power. I pulled in the clutch and hit the start button and bam. Nothing again. I got up this morning and still nothing. Obviously I will be calling the dealer on Tuesday. Just out of curiosity, has anybody else had this problem or a similar one? Will the dealer even be able to get the codes since there is no power to the instrument panel? Thanks for any input!

Dennis in Lodi
09-02-2018, 08:01 AM
If your display comes back on, while the engine is running or not here is how to pull the codes yourself.
1. take your left thumb and depress the eco and the set button at the same time.
2. take your right thumb and depress the turn signal button straight in, NOT left or right
you are depressing three buttons at the same time. If the screen is blank there are not codes, Id you see a letter and four digits those are codes. P0172 is an example of a code

trikermutha
09-02-2018, 08:17 AM
Have you checked the battery connections?

Might be worth checking .

Chupaca
09-02-2018, 09:10 AM
Looks like a battery / connection problem. Not mu to go on but something may have drained the battery or there is a faulty connection to the battery or ground. Quick jumper hookup or battery charge after checking voltage could clear this up. When battery is weak or connections are bad you will get those reactions..:thumbup:

Easy Rider
09-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Looks like a battery / connection problem.

:thumbup:

Check the basics first.

The fact that some of the electrical things seem to be working can sometimes be misleading.

Al Gully
09-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Check your fuses while your at it.

billybovine
09-02-2018, 01:12 PM
The first part of your description points directly to the main accessory and engine relay. Left fuse box R3. It has gone bad or is loose. But the next days symtoms when you say "Bam nothing" do you actually mean nothing or where the running lights still on and the horn worked? If there were no running lights. That points to loose battery cables. If they where still on. Back to the relay.

4 MARIE
09-03-2018, 11:13 AM
I agree with others that said Battery connection. Lighting the lights is much different than starting the engine. AND...
The original connection to the battery, is a known weakspot.