PDA

View Full Version : Woo-Hoo Red Inserts for Red October!

Director
06-05-2009, 05:25 PM
I have been waiting since October 2008 for my red Givi inserts. Thibault Importations has not been able to obtain any from Givi. Neither Thibault nor my dealer know what the problem is, but we are speculating that Givi may be holding back the red inserts exclusively for the BRP/Givi side cases. Thibault decided the only way to provide me with the inserts was to custom paint some themselves, and that is just what they did. I took a ride up to Uxbridge Motorsports Marine today and had the new red inserts substituted for the existing black ones. I think they turned out very nice. Here is a pic before and after the small operation. :2thumbs:

Regards,

Bruce

NancysToy
06-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Looking good, Bruce. Glad you got them at long last. Our yellow inserts are in at the dealer, we just need to wait for the bags to arrive. Do you sense a reverse pattern here? :D
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Director
06-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Looking good, Bruce. Glad you got them at long last. Our yellow inserts are in at the dealer, we just need to wait for the bags to arrive. Do you sense a reverse pattern here? :D
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Scotty, like Gilda Radner used to say, "If it's not one thing, it's another!" :D

Bruce

Dudley
06-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Looks great, Bruce. Glad you finally worked something out. See you in July!

Director
06-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Looks great, Bruce. Glad you finally worked something out. See you in July!

Thanks Dudley. Looking forward to meeting you!

Bruce

northramp
06-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Looks Great Bruce.. Please tell me ..Can they fit a full face helmet in each one ?
thx
Northramp

dltang
06-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah, you finally got them Bruce!! I know you've been waiting forever. They look great.

bjt
06-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah, you finally got them Bruce!! I know you've been waiting forever. They look great.

+1 :thumbup:

Director
06-05-2009, 08:04 PM
+1 :thumbup:

Thanks, Deb and Brian! I am very happy to finally have those rascals!:clap:

Bruce

Director
06-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Looks Great Bruce.. Please tell me ..Can they fit a full face helmet in each one ?
thx
Northramp

Good question. I just came back from the garage where I tried a few helmets out in the side case. It seems to depend on the size. My son's small HJC full-face will fit, no problem. My XL Shoei will not, nor will my modular helmet (HJC Sy-Max). My wife's medium Sy-Max will not go either. I don't have any medium true full-face helmets to try out (the Sy-Max being a flip-face is wider than a real full-face helmet), so I am not sure about that, but I suspect it would be a very tight fit.

Bruce

bjt
06-05-2009, 08:14 PM
thx
Northramp

Good question. I just came back from the garage where I tried a few helmets out in the side case. It seems to depend on the size. My son's small HJC full-face will fit, no problem. My XL Shoei will not, nor will my modular helmet (HJC Sy-Max). My wife's medium Sy-Max will not go either. I don't have any medium true full-face helmets to try out (the Sy-Max being a flip-face is wider than a real full-face helmet), so I am not sure about that, but I suspect it would be a very tight fit.

Bruce

I tried a medium Gmax full face helmet in my Givi bag and it wouldn't fit.

northramp
06-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks Bruce and BJT for ur responses.. I guess i m out of luck with two scorpions XL s

Lamonster
06-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Looking good Bro :thumbup:

Director
06-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Looking good Bro :thumbup:

Thanks, Lamont! I am enjoying this machine more and more every time I ride it. :yes:

Bruce

nudle
06-05-2009, 09:13 PM
:2thumbs:Good news Bruce , looks good. I went for the black.

BRPjunkie
06-05-2009, 09:40 PM

Bruce

M, HJC CL-15 fits easily. L, HJC has to be positioned exactly to allow lid to close.

chris56
06-06-2009, 01:06 AM
hi bruce..
looks great - i use the givis now one year- perfect ..only my "girl finds they are too small for our trips..
so givi made this helmets to fit in pairs in their cases...
chris (austria)

Director
06-06-2009, 05:30 AM
:2thumbs:Good news Bruce , looks good. I went for the black.

Hey Bob, thanks. As you know, I had the black for quite some time as well. It looked just fine, but I really wanted the matching red, so I am very pleased to have it done.

M, HJC CL-15 fits easily. L, HJC has to be positioned exactly to allow lid to close.

I am impressed that you were able to get a large full-face into a V35! It really must be an engineering feat. :D

hi bruce..
looks great - i use the givis now one year- perfect ..only my "girl finds they are too small for our trips..
so givi made this helmets to fit in pairs in their cases...
chris (austria)

Hi Chris. Those are cool helmets. I don't think they are available in North America though. Has anybody on the list seen these Givi helmets over here?:dontknow:

irish2themax
06-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Chris. Those are cool helmets. I don't think they are available in North America though. Has anybody on the list seen these Givi helmets over here?:dontknow:

They are not. I bought mine from the UK. Been tracking the package and should have it by Tuesday, just in time for the USO ryde. Will have to bring my Bell helmet to get on base since the Givi is not DOT approved