PDA

View Full Version : Baker Air Wings Scratch Resistant

Tyris
08-28-2018, 12:42 PM
Worth the extra expense to get the scratch resistant? For those that didn't, would you now if had a do-over?

Dmetcalf
08-28-2018, 01:58 PM
I recently purchased a set and maybe I missed something but I didn’t read anything in reference to adding a scratch resistant coating ..? I’ve had mine now for about a month and really like them because they do exactly as described and get more air to you. I’ll say you feel it more to your legs but they work well.

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-28-2018, 05:45 PM
Worth the extra expense to get the scratch resistant? For those that didn't, would you now if had a do-over?
I say it depends on how anal you are about keeping your Spyder clean and shined. If you want it to always look pristine then get the scratch resistant. If you let it transport dust, dirt, and bug splatters much of the time you'd never see a scratch on the regular wings anyway, so save your money! The wings get battered by bugs more than anywhere else on my Spyder.

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-28-2018, 05:46 PM
I recently purchased a set and maybe I missed something but I didn’t read anything in reference to adding a scratch resistant coating ..? I’ve had mine now for about a month and really like them because they do exactly as described and get more air to you. I’ll say you feel it more to your legs but they work well.
I don't know if that's a new option or not, but they are there on the Spyder wings page. It's a separate product, not an option add-on.

Air Wing Guy
08-29-2018, 02:22 PM
The Scratch Resistant has been around for several years now offered in Dark Tint, Light Tint, and Clear. This was refereed to as New Generation for awhile but nobody knew what that meant either so we started telling customers it was Scratch Resistant which it is. Now when we say Scratch Resistant we don't mean that it won't scratch because it still may, the protective coating over it just helps lessen the chances. Also this is a poly-carbonate plastic instead of acrylic like the original wings. The poly carbonate is stronger than the acrylic and is less likely to crack or break if you was to kick it while mounting your Spyder. We have had customers who have had the acrylic for 20+ years and have had no troubles. So as mentioned above it really depends on preference of color, and looks. The acrylic will scratch fairly easy but this doesn't mean it will break it make just scratch if you go to clean them or a rock jumps up and hits them. If you have any other questions we could answer for you feel free to email us at info@bakerbuilt.com Thank you for considering our product. Safe riding!

Dmetcalf
08-29-2018, 03:47 PM
The Scratch Resistant has been around for several years now offered in Dark Tint, Light Tint, and Clear. This was refereed to as New Generation for awhile but nobody knew what that meant either so we started telling customers it was Scratch Resistant which it is. Now when we say Scratch Resistant we don't mean that it won't scratch because it still may, the protective coating over it just helps lessen the chances. Also this is a poly-carbonate plastic instead of acrylic like the original wings. The poly carbonate is stronger than the acrylic and is less likely to crack or break if you was to kick it while mounting your Spyder. We have had customers who have had the acrylic for 20+ years and have had no troubles. So as mentioned above it really depends on preference of color, and looks. The acrylic will scratch fairly easy but this doesn't mean it will break it make just scratch if you go to clean them or a rock jumps up and hits them. If you have any other questions we could answer for you feel free to email us at info@bakerbuilt.com Thank you for considering our product. Safe riding!

Great product and living in the South this addition was very welcoming..!!!