PDA

View Full Version : Looking for BRP Connect expert

Bigmo
08-28-2018, 12:20 PM
So, I have all needed software on my phone, BRP connect, Genius maps. etc..
Here's the problem: I can run Genius maps on the bike display. Fine. I also can listen to music from my phone having control of volume and FFW and reverse. So far so good. When playing the music, I cannot switch back to Genius maps. When I try, I get a screen saying "loading" and that's it. Will not move from there. I can go back to music but it seems when playing music, it locks up everything else. To get the maps again, I practically have to disconnect the phone and start from scratch.
How can I listen to music while having the map on the screen? Also, does the direction voice mute the music and back to music again?
I have a TOM-TOM that I use occasionally and I can see the map while music is playing and stops for voice direction and back to music again
I am frustrated. This system is really complicated.
Any help out there?

amkrat
08-28-2018, 12:48 PM
I've had my share of challenges with BRP Connect and Genius Maps. My hunch is that BRP Connect and Genius Maps wants complete control over your phone. Nothing else can be running in the background. When you simply try to switch screens, your music player is still active and Genius Maps won't load. You would have to stop your music player completely first to get your map to display. To listen to music, you would then have to re-start your music player. I don't see how you could have them available at the same time. Maybe a second phone paired to your headset for music, and your primary phone for Genius Maps ??

Flamewinger
08-28-2018, 12:55 PM
One question is what smartphone are you using? iPhone or Android? Is it less than 3-4 years old? I know you need an iPhone 6 or better. Is the phone up to date? Almost any high tech gadget we have these days needs to be checked forth latest firmware or OS. Basically it should work like TomTom.

1. Make sure your dash software is 13.02. In the main dash you push the joystick in and will see Stats and you can navigate to "settings" then "about" to find the version you have.
When switching from one app to another you push the joystick in and hold it then you'll see the other apps. Before you get going, you can set Genius Maps to be quiet by touching the speaker icon and muting it then it shouldn't crash. As of the 13.02 update, this works better but can still crash. I open the sound and turn off all the alerts. (Speed, Gas stations, Directions and Speed Cameras.)

2. Make sure the phone is unlocked and if you don't have the latest update, BRP Connect has to be open.

Make sure the Genius Maps is also set up to be used in a vehicle. (The cost for the app and vehicle usage can be recouped with a $90 cash card from BRP, but only if you have the RTL) There are a lot of video tutorials on how to use BRP Connect and we've discussed it many times here on Spyderlovers.

Hope this helps.

Bigmo
08-28-2018, 01:21 PM
One question is what smartphone are you using? iPhone or Android? Is it less than 3-4 years old? I know you need an iPhone 6 or better. Is the phone up to date? Almost any high tech gadget we have these days needs to be checked forth latest firmware or OS. Basically it should work like TomTom.

1. Make sure your dash software is 13.02. In the main dash you push the joystick in and will see Stats and you can navigate to "settings" then "about" to find the version you have.
When switching from one app to another you push the joystick in and hold it then you'll see the other apps. Before you get going, you can set Genius Maps to be quiet by touching the speaker icon and muting it then it shouldn't crash. As of the 13.02 update, this works better but can still crash. I open the sound and turn off all the alerts. (Speed, Gas stations, Directions and Speed Cameras.)

2. Make sure the phone is unlocked and if you don't have the latest update, BRP Connect has to be open.

Make sure the Genius Maps is also set up to be used in a vehicle. (The cost for the app and vehicle usage can be recouped with a $90 cash card from BRP, but only if you have the RTL) There are a lot of video tutorials on how to use BRP Connect and we've discussed it many times here on Spyderlovers.

Hope this helps.

I am using an Android phone with the latest update V.7.0. The phone is like 6 months old. My dash software was updated to 13.02 about a month ago. I have the car connect and BTW I did receive the $90 promotion. So, when plying music through the bike speakers, if I press the button in the front of the cluster (use to be for CB), it switches to a screen showing the outline of a phone and the word "loading". And that's it. Stays there forever. I can push, press, wiggle the joystick, nothing happens. The only way to go back to the music screen, is again press the front "CB" button. Locked between these two screens. I sure think BRP screwed up big time with this BRP Connect joke. I think the older dash board gave you more options with lot less hassle. Of well......

billybovine
08-28-2018, 01:35 PM
I am using an Android phone with the latest update V.7.0. The phone is like 6 months old. My dash software was updated to 13.02 about a month ago. I have the car connect and BTW I did receive the $90 promotion. So, when plying music through the bike speakers, if I press the button in the front of the cluster (use to be for CB), it switches to a screen showing the outline of a phone and the word "loading". And that's it. Stays there forever. I can push, press, wiggle the joystick, nothing happens. The only way to go back to the music screen, is again press the front "CB" button. Locked between these two screens. I sure think BRP screwed up big time with this BRP Connect joke. I think the older dash board gave you more options with lot less hassle. Of well......

From this description it looks like your phone is not BT paired or the usb cable is not plugged in or phone has locked. That is why it is trying to load the phone again. Since you do not say the what source of the music is. If it's from your phone then you BT paired, but not connected by usb or your phone has locked. BT will work with the phone locked but BRP connect will not.

Jarred
08-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Hi Bigmo

Im no expert but I’m starting to figure out BRP Connect.
If u have phone plugged into front USB and Bluetooth connected to Spyder.
While stopped:
1-launch ur music.
2-hold down joystick to pull up BRP Connect.
3 click on Genious Maps.

Youll be able to play ur music through speakers and have G Maps on dash.
i just tried it and it worked in my ‘18.
Long story short, I don’t think BRP wants us pressing too many buttons while driving. Let me know if u get “No Track Selected” message, I figured out how to fix this.
Good luck, I hope it works.
Jarred.

Flamewinger
08-28-2018, 03:51 PM
Yes, as Billybovine says, you need to be connected with both USB and Bluetooth. The helmet pairs to the phone VIA the bike's dash. The phone needs to be unlocked and you can only start any music while stopped. You should be able to hear music while looking and hearing Genius Maps or while using the other apps.

You can open BRP Connect by either using the button on the back of the left handlebar cluster or by pushing the joystick in and up to select it. Sometimes you push the joystick in or up/down/left/right and sometimes you need to hold it in that direction to get things to work.

Currently I'm using two iPhones, one with cell service and one w/o. I use the one w/o to connect to the bike with Maps, Rever and FOBO. I use the other for SiriusXM, Waze, Garmin and phone music and my headset is only connected to the second phone. If I really need Genius maps to tell me where to go it comes in very loud thru the bike's speakers. ( I've never thrown away any of my earlier phones, that how I can have more than one)

Bigmo
08-28-2018, 05:47 PM
From this description it looks like your phone is not BT paired or the usb cable is not plugged in or phone has locked. That is why it is trying to load the phone again. Since you do not say the what source of the music is. If it's from your phone then you BT paired, but not connected by usb or your phone has locked. BT will work with the phone locked but BRP connect will not.

The phone is paired and recognize. It is plugged with the USB port out of the frunk. The music is from the phone. I actually start the music from the bike system after getting the screen showing the 3 icons. It does display the songs name same as my phone. Everything is hooked up properly. Still locks up....

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-28-2018, 05:55 PM
The phone is paired and recognize. It is plugged with the USB port out of the frunk.
I don't have or use BRP Connect, but isn't the phone supposed to be plugged into the USB port in the glove box for it work with BRP Connect? The USB port in the trunk is for auxiliary media input, isn't it?

Bigmo
08-28-2018, 06:00 PM
I don't have or use BRP Connect, but isn't the phone supposed to be plugged into the USB port in the glove box for it work with BRP Connect? The USB port in the trunk is for auxiliary media input, isn't it?

This is a 2018 RTL. There is no plug in the glove box. Audio port and BRP Connect USB port are in the frunk. Some idea.......

Bigmo
08-28-2018, 06:09 PM
Yes, as Billybovine says, you need to be connected with both USB and Bluetooth. The helmet pairs to the phone VIA the bike's dash. The phone needs to be unlocked and you can only start any music while stopped. You should be able to hear music while looking and hearing Genius Maps or while using the other apps.

You can open BRP Connect by either using the button on the back of the left handlebar cluster or by pushing the joystick in and up to select it. Sometimes you push the joystick in or up/down/left/right and sometimes you need to hold it in that direction to get things to work.

Currently I'm using two iPhones, one with cell service and one w/o. I use the one w/o to connect to the bike with Maps, Rever and FOBO. I use the other for SiriusXM, Waze, Garmin and phone music and my headset is only connected to the second phone. If I really need Genius maps to tell me where to go it comes in very loud thru the bike's speakers. ( I've never thrown away any of my earlier phones, that how I can have more than one)

The fact that I can load Genius maps and/or the music from the phone, tells me that the phone is properly connected. I have the same setup. Both Android. One with no service is used with the BRP Connect. Somehow, I have the impression that BRP Connect was designed to work with IPhone. I had the firmware update done recently hopping that it will correct the issue. Nope. Still the same. It's about the same with the new Goldwing. Lots of features that works with IPhone only. Sad....

IdahoMtnSpyder
08-28-2018, 06:36 PM
This is a 2018 RTL. There is no plug in the glove box. Audio port and BRP Connect USB port are in the frunk. Some idea.......
OK, I guess it's the F3 that has the plug in the glove box.

billybovine
08-28-2018, 08:18 PM
The fact that I can load Genius maps and/or the music from the phone, tells me that the phone is properly connected. I have the same setup. Both Android. One with no service is used with the BRP Connect. Somehow, I have the impression that BRP Connect was designed to work with IPhone. I had the firmware update done recently hopping that it will correct the issue. Nope. Still the same. It's about the same with the new Goldwing. Lots of features that works with IPhone only. Sad....

Because everything works correctly when you first turn everything on. Still makes me think the phone is still locking in 1,2,5 or 10 minutes whatever the settings are in your phone. When you first installed the BRP Connect app or when you first run it. Don't remember which. You had to give permission to your phone to stay unlocked when the BRP Connect app is running. If you did not do that correctly your phone will lock after a period of time. Then the BRP Connect app will no longer work when the phone is locked. Tunes will keep playing just fine.

So when the connect app is no longer is working. Go to your front trunk and check your phone. Is it locked?

billybovine
08-28-2018, 08:20 PM
OK, I guess it's the F3 that has the plug in the glove box.

Yes the 2018 F3 has the usb plug and audio plug in the Easy Bake Oven. Behind the windshield.

gerard
08-29-2018, 12:54 AM
Hi Bigmo

While stopped:
1-launch ur music.
3 click on Genious Maps.

Long story short, I don’t think BRP wants us pressing too many buttons while driving. Let me know if u get “No Track Selected” message, I figured out how to fix this.
Jarred.

Do you have a solution to this Jarred? “No Track Selected” message, I figured out how to fix this.

Bigmo
08-29-2018, 06:37 AM
Hi Bigmo

While stopped:
1-launch ur music.
3 click on Genious Maps.

Jarred.

So, i tried your suggestion. Phone paired. I start music from the phone. Plug USB. The phone goes into BRP connect mode (picture of phone with cable). Music is now plying from bike speakers. Double press back button. Get screen with 3 icons. Music, Maps, Genius maps. Music still playing. Click on Genius maps. Get a very small message saying "Please disconnect and configure the app on your smartphone". From there, pressing button goes back to music, another press back to the message. Start all over but now press the Maps icon, not genius, and the map is on the screen. Music still playing. Not sure what it means by "configure the app". I can load Genius on the phone and works fine. I have Pro-guidance and car connectivity on the phone. I tried another phone. Same results. Could it be because I'm using Android phone? I ordered FOBO sensors (should get today) and at this point I'm concerned that it may not work.
I'm about to give up on BRP Connect......

Jarred
08-29-2018, 07:21 AM
So, i tried your suggestion. Phone paired. I start music from the phone. Plug USB. The phone goes into BRP connect mode (picture of phone with cable). Music is now plying from bike speakers. Double press back button. Get screen with 3 icons. Music, Maps, Genius maps. Music still playing. Click on Genius maps. Get a very small message saying "Please disconnect and configure the app on your smartphone". From there, pressing button goes back to music, another press back to the message. Start all over but now press the Maps icon, not genius, and the map is on the screen. Music still playing. Not sure what it means by "configure the app". I can load Genius on the phone and works fine. I have Pro-guidance and car connectivity on the phone. I tried another phone. Same results. Could it be because I'm using Android phone? I ordered FOBO sensors (should get today) and at this point I'm concerned that it may not work.
I'm about to give up on BRP Connect......

Good Morning Bigmo.
You’re almost there! All you need to do now is open Genius Maps from your phone (while NOT connected to Spyder). Using your phone, open Genius Maps, go to settings and make sure you set everything properly. I’ll try to figure out how to attach a pic to this thread but in the meantime, make sure the following:
Settings Tab:
Pro Guidance: North America
Voice: (choose any voice u like)
Vehicle Connectivity: NorthAmerica
Language: English/UK
You Can also go to Route Settings, click off what u want.
When done going through settings, click that Heart, go back to screen that shows map.
‘Close the app on your phone (but not a hard close)
connect phone to Spyder in Frunk.
‘Start her up, wait for everything to load. Now u should be able to use the steps In my first post on this subject.
‘Get your music playing, hold down joystick, scroll over to Genius Maps and launch.
I wrote a lot of words, but this process will take u about 5 min. I’ll try to take a pic of the screen and post here or PM you.
Good luck, pls let me know if this helps.
Jarred.

Jarred
08-29-2018, 07:31 AM
Do you have a solution to this Jarred? “No Track Selected” message, I figured out how to fix this.

Good morning Gerard.

Her’s the “fix” for No Track screen.
‘If your driving and try to play music and u get that message. Keep that screen up, pull over (or wait to stop at Stop sign/traffic light)
When your Spyder is stoped, the “No Track’ screen will change to your music screen (Playlists/Artists etc). Select your music, start driving.
No need to disconnect phone etc. Spyder just needs to be stopped (or maybe drive very slow, I’ll try that later) for the No Track screen to turn into your music screen.
This method has worked for me 3 out of 3 times.
Good luck, pls let me know if it worked for you.
Jarred.

Jarred
08-29-2018, 07:45 AM
Good morning Bigmo (again, lol)

i have FOBO and absolutely love it. Before you install it watch the Lamonster Install Video on this. Like Lamont says...believe it or not, u actually have to physically touch the Fobo with your phone (when prompted to do so)
‘I strongly recommend you watch and use the install video when installing. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about people w Android trying to use Fobo, I’m hoping it isn’t an Android thing and that these people just didn’t install Fobo properly from the start. I used Lamont’s video and haven’t had a single problem. I also recommend you save your receipt, in the event those “complaints” are justified, and FOBO doesn’t work well w Android you can at least return it. Or contact Fobo for solution before returning. I just really hope it works for you. I love Fobo, use it everyday (from my phone always, in the morning, during a ride when stopped and after pulling her in the garage). It’s a fantastic product, I’ve never clicked on it from BRP Connect screen, just from app on my phone.
Good luck, have a great day.
Jarred.

Bigmo
08-29-2018, 10:19 AM

i have FOBO and absolutely love it. Before you install it watch the Lamonster Install Video on this. Like Lamont says...believe it or not, u actually have to physically touch the Fobo with your phone (when prompted to do so)
‘I strongly recommend you watch and use the install video when installing. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about people w Android trying to use Fobo, I’m hoping it isn’t an Android thing and that these people just didn’t install Fobo properly from the start. I used Lamont’s video and haven’t had a single problem. I also recommend you save your receipt, in the event those “complaints” are justified, and FOBO doesn’t work well w Android you can at least return it. Or contact Fobo for solution before returning. I just really hope it works for you. I love Fobo, use it everyday (from my phone always, in the morning, during a ride when stopped and after pulling her in the garage). It’s a fantastic product, I’ve never clicked on it from BRP Connect screen, just from app on my phone.
Jarred.

There is a firmware update that makes FOBO works with Android. I did request that it'll be done before shipping. I am aware of actually touching the sensors with the phone. Anyway, I'll know by tomorrow if delivery is on time.

Bigmo
08-29-2018, 10:39 AM
Good Morning Bigmo.
You’re almost there! All you need to do now is open Genius Maps from your phone (while NOT connected to Spyder). Using your phone, open Genius Maps, go to settings and make sure you set everything properly. I’ll try to figure out how to attach a pic to this thread but in the meantime, make sure the following:
Settings Tab:
Pro Guidance: North America
Voice: (choose any voice u like)
Vehicle Connectivity: NorthAmerica
Language: English/UK
You Can also go to Route Settings, click off what u want.
When done going through settings, click that Heart, go back to screen that shows map.
‘Close the app on your phone (but not a hard close)
connect phone to Spyder in Frunk.
‘Start her up, wait for everything to load. Now u should be able to use the steps In my first post on this subject.
‘Get your music playing, hold down joystick, scroll over to Genius Maps and launch.
I wrote a lot of words, but this process will take u about 5 min. I’ll try to take a pic of the screen and post here or PM you.
Good luck, pls let me know if this helps.
Jarred.

Jarred, thanks for the info. Well, I got it to work but not with the phone I wanted to. I have 2 phones, both Android. The Samsung Note 4 has V.6.0 but no cell data (disconnected) and my current phone with cell data LG Stylo 3 with V.7.0. I got all to work fine with the LG. The Samsung, which I don't use for calls, is the one I wanted to keep connected. I'm not sure if the version 6.0 vs 7.0 makes the difference. (I'm not sure if I can get the 7.0 version without a cell service). I have all the setting you list above on both phone. BTW, I extended the USB port in the Frunk to right behind the windscreen, so I can see the phone while doing all this. The phone, Samsung, doesn't shut off, just shows the outline of a phone with a cord attached. That alone tells me that it is connected properly. Anyway, I guess I'll use the LG since I'll have it in front of me. Wonder if a call comes in (not that I will try to answer) would the phone shows incoming call? I'll have to try that and have my wife call me while on BRP Connect. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. I'll let you know about incoming calls.

nandyman1
08-29-2018, 11:14 AM
I have a new 2018 F3 bought last month. I have a simular problem mine will say loading and will freeze there no music either from phone or fm won't allow you to change display like it's locked up. Have appt for dealer to check BUDS for issues. The only way to fix temp is to shut off bike and let all lights go off and then restart and sometimes this doesn't help.

gerard
09-05-2018, 12:58 AM
Good morning Gerard.

Her’s the “fix” for No Track screen.
‘If your driving and try to play music and u get that message. Keep that screen up, pull over (or wait to stop at Stop sign/traffic light)
When your Spyder is stoped, the “No Track’ screen will change to your music screen (Playlists/Artists etc). Select your music, start driving.
No need to disconnect phone etc. Spyder just needs to be stopped (or maybe drive very slow, I’ll try that later) for the No Track screen to turn into your music screen.
This method has worked for me 3 out of 3 times.
Good luck, pls let me know if it worked for you.
Jarred.

No, still didn't work.

pauly1
09-05-2018, 03:04 PM
BRP Connect doesn't work with Android. Period. The latest version of the software is 13.20, not 13.02. We've been to 4 different dealers, 2 of them are platinum, with the latest stating that they had BRP specialists in their dealership without success. They said disconnect from BRP Connect and wait for a fix. Really? They didn't have to wait for our payment.

I called the BRP help line yesterday (as their email system won't accept my input, keep getting an error that the system is temporarily down - for two months? ) and was promised a phone call within 24 hours from their BRP Connect experts. Still waiting.

Wayne

Chefex
09-05-2018, 03:12 PM
I found on my phone with BRP connect that it wouldn't start the app on its own. Everytime I start the bike I have to physically go in and start the app on my phone, either music or genius and then BRP will connect.

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-05-2018, 04:04 PM
BRP Connect doesn't work with Android. Period.
I don't know if you would have any luck with it, but try contacting Bosch MySpin people. They developed the MySpin connection software that is the basis of BRP Connect. Their website states it is compatible with both Android and iOS so your comment above should be dead wrong! But if it is not, something is screwed up royally somewhere between Bosch and BRP.

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-05-2018, 04:16 PM
The latest version of the software is 13.20, not 13.02.
You're referring to the dash software version, right?

I came across this link to the APK for the BRP Connect app for Android. https://android.mi9.com/download-app/com.bosch.myspin.launcherapp_brpconnect. It shows the app version as 2.8.1 when the download dialog opens up.

I wonder if there would be any difference by installing from the APK as opposed to download and install directly from the Play Store. There shouldn't be, but you never know!

Bigmo
09-05-2018, 04:39 PM

Jarred.

Got my FOBO yesterday. Install was a breeze. Used my Android phone. Can see it on the phone and on the bike display. I checked the tires and made sure they were at correct pressure (20/28). FOBO was showing 19.5 and 27. Not bad. Need the firmware update to be able to use Android.

Jarred
09-05-2018, 05:01 PM
Got my FOBO yesterday. Install was a breeze. Used my Android phone. Can see it on the phone and on the bike display. I checked the tires and made sure they were at correct pressure (20/28). FOBO was showing 19.5 and 27. Not bad. Need the firmware update to be able to use Android.

Fantastic Bigmo! Happy to hear you didn’t have any problems w Android. If you have the stock tires, u may want to under inflate the rear tire a bit. Driving heats up the tire and expands it. I was at 28psi (cold) and after 10 min of driving I got a warning, PSI was up to 33. Fronts are fine, but now I have my rear set at about 25-26 cold. And within a few miles it’s 28psi.
Take it for a ride, then check FOBO again. U may not have to reduce psi, just didn’t want u to panic if u get that over inflated warning. Because I sure did panic! Lol
Thanks for letting me know it works w Android.
Jarred.

JP58
09-05-2018, 07:50 PM
If you just want to play music on 18 F3L do you have to have cell service and/or brp app downloaded. I have a 5 year old moto x phone.

Flamewinger
09-05-2018, 08:18 PM
If you just want to play music on 18 F3L do you have to have cell service and/or brp app downloaded. I have a 5 year old moto x phone.

Not sure what at "Moto x phone" is but the music you listen to thru the bike's dash is from the music stored in the phone, so you don't need cell service. Sounds like you need to pair to the phone to the headset directly and provide power to the phone and then start the music you have in the phone. The F3L requires Android or iPhone and the last 3-4 year versions. Like for the iPhone would be the 6 or newer then have BRP Connect installed. Pair phone to bike and pair headset to bike then you work the dash to get music or other apps.

billybovine
09-05-2018, 08:18 PM

If you are only going to only play mp3s then you don't need cell service. At least I don't think so, but I cannot be certain. Not much to lose by trying.

JP58
09-05-2018, 08:30 PM
If you are only going to only play mp3s then you don't need cell service. At least I don't think so, but I cannot be certain. Not much to lose by trying.

Do you still pair the phone to the bike.

billybovine
09-05-2018, 08:45 PM
Do you still pair the phone to the bike.

If you want to BT transmit the tunes from your phone to the dash. Then yes. Then you would have some control of the songs, skip to next or replay previous from the the joystick. Also have the option of playing through speakers or headset. But you would have to start google music play manually from your phone. You could instead not BT pair, plug in the 3.5 mm cable into headphone jack and set your dash audio to aux. Then you would have to control everything from your phone and only have the option of playing through your speakers.

pauly1
09-05-2018, 09:23 PM
I don't know if you would have any luck with it, but try contacting Bosch MySpin people. They developed the MySpin connection software that is the basis of BRP Connect. Their website states it is compatible with both Android and iOS so your comment above should be dead wrong! But if it is not, something is screwed up royally somewhere between Bosch and BRP.

The Sena 30K headset will randomly unpair just using the dash w/BT. Occasionally it forgets the Samsung Not 8 phone. Yes, one can stop and re-pair the devices. Others have mounted their phones on the handlebars to do this while in motion. But the whole point of BRP Connect was to not have to do that, right? Anyway, so far, no call back from BRP.

If my phone is out on the handlebar, then I certainly wouldn't flipping use BRP Connect or the so-called "Advanced Gauge Cluster". The headset works fine paired with the phone and it's apps. Plus my phone is bigger than the AGC display for GPS.

Wayne

Buddha
09-26-2018, 09:49 PM
Jarred, would greatly appreciate knowing how to fix the "No Track Selected" deal, please. Thanks in advance!

Hi Bigmo

While stopped:
1-launch ur music.
3 click on Genious Maps.

Jarred.

billybovine
09-26-2018, 10:03 PM
Jarred, would greatly appreciate knowing how to fix the "No Track Selected" deal, please. Thanks in advance!

If you are driving. Stop. The music menus will then show up.

SpdrDvr
10-31-2018, 04:13 PM
I have a new 2018 F3 bought last month. I have a simular problem mine will say loading and will freeze there no music either from phone or fm won't allow you to change display like it's locked up. Have appt for dealer to check BUDS for issues. The only way to fix temp is to shut off bike and let all lights go off and then restart and sometimes this doesn't help.

Same problem with mine, waiting to hear from BRP

Big F
11-01-2018, 09:16 AM
So, I have all needed software on my phone, BRP connect, Genius maps. etc..
Here's the problem: I can run Genius maps on the bike display. Fine. I also can listen to music from my phone having control of volume and FFW and reverse. So far so good. When playing the music, I cannot switch back to Genius maps. When I try, I get a screen saying "loading" and that's it. Will not move from there. I can go back to music but it seems when playing music, it locks up everything else. To get the maps again, I practically have to disconnect the phone and start from scratch.
How can I listen to music while having the map on the screen? Also, does the direction voice mute the music and back to music again?
I have a TOM-TOM that I use occasionally and I can see the map while music is playing and stops for voice direction and back to music again
I am frustrated. This system is really complicated.
Any help out there?

I hear your pain. I also have a 2018 RTL and find the new dash panel way beyond my comprehension!!! I would like to ring the neck of the development people that came up with the new system!!!!!
I am a "non-nerd" so I'm am totally lost on what to do. the online stuff doesn't help me at all?? I would love to have my old 2014 panel back??????????
BIG F

jbaker
11-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Just purchased a 2018 RT Lmtd and am playing with BRP Connect, learning the features and challenges. Making progress, but struggling with the music app. I have an iphone 7. I've loaded the BRP Connect app, as well as the BRP Connect Music app. When I launch BRP Connect, the music app displays on the dash. When I try to launch the Music app, I get the following message

The Music app does not have access to the media library. Please enable the applicable settings in the apps settings when disconnected to the vehicle.

I have been through the settings as well as options for the apps and the app setting under General on the iphone. I cannot find anything that opens up the access to the media library. My music on the phone works fine from the phone.

Any ideas out there as to what I'm missing?

Oh, my dash displays ver 13.2, and the app is up to date.

OK, an update.

I was a DA and did not have the BRP Connect app settings right. Corrected and now it plays my music. But - when the dash is displaying the song and artist, I cannot adjust the volume! Ideas?

Spyder_Cowgirl
11-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Just brought home a 2018 F3 Limited today and have been playing around with the new dash ... have not yet taken the step to pair phone, just want to wait until I am proficient at operating the radio first (changing station, volume, etc.). I will also not pair a headset until I have my CB installed (and it will be paired as a headset). So, initially, I will just pair the phone ..... but, I am wondering if it has to be connected in the "Easy Bake Oven" (aka the glovebox), or can I use one of the USB ports in the rear trunk (there are two)?

I debated on starting yet another thread on BRP Connect, but decided against it .... this one seems to tread into the area I am interested in, so it is not too much of a hijack to ask the above.

Thanks ..... Ann

Flamewinger
11-01-2018, 06:57 PM
I was a DA and did not have the BRP Connect app settings right. Corrected and now it plays my music. But - when the dash is displaying the song and artist, I cannot adjust the volume! Ideas?

The joystick is the volume controller. Up or down. Holding the joystick to the left returns to last screen. Holding/pushing it in switches to apps view so you can choose another app to open. If paired to a headset then the volume can also be changed with those buttons.

Flamewinger
11-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Just brought home a 2018 F3 Limited today and have been playing around with the new dash ... have not yet taken the step to pair phone, just want to wait until I am proficient at operating the radio first (changing station, volume, etc.). I will also not pair a headset until I have my CB installed (and it will be paired as a headset). So, initially, I will just pair the phone ..... but, I am wondering if it has to be connected in the "Easy Bake Oven" (aka the glovebox), or can I use one of the USB ports in the rear trunk (there are two)?

I debated on starting yet another thread on BRP Connect, but decided against it .... this one seems to tread into the area I am interested in, so it is not too much of a hijack to ask the above.

Thanks ..... Ann

I'd like to know what CB you're installing as I doubt will be bluetooth capable. Also, I didn't know there was a CB for the F3's. The CB for the earlier Spyder models won't work on the "18 & '19's ands use a corded headset.

LaMonser Garage has phone cables and mounts so you can have the phone on the dash or handlebars so it doesn't bake and you can access it easier.

Spyder_Cowgirl
11-01-2018, 07:20 PM
I'd like to know what CB you're installing as I doubt will be bluetooth capable. Also, I didn't know there was a CB for the F3's. The CB for the earlier Spyder models won't work on the "18 & '19's ands use a corded headset.

LaMonser Garage has phone cables and mounts so you can have the phone on the dash or handlebars so it doesn't bake and you can access it easier.

I am planning to install an J&M CB with their B/T interface module -- same setup as was used on my husband's Indian (that also has built in B/T). This will allow me to pair the CB to the Spyder as a headset and use the wired connection that I already have for the RT (it has the BRP CB accessory installed). The only thing I will have to do is have a lower cord for each machine -- the RT has a seven pin plug and the F3 will have six pins. And I know this setup works … has been on hubby's Indian for almost 3 years.

I had planned on adding Lamonster's power port to the handle bars, and will also get a Spyder Cuff to mount the phone. All the data here, and the tutorials seem to indicate that the phone MUST be plugged into the USB port in the "oven" and I would rather not do that. I was just trying to determine if "any" USB port on the bike was acceptable (be it the one in the rear trunk or one that I add to the handle bars). Will the Spyder still recognize the phone and pair it, even though it is not plugged into the port in the "oven"?

Thanks …… Ann

Flamewinger
11-01-2018, 10:08 PM
All I can say is Good luck and I’d like to know if it works.

billybovine
11-02-2018, 10:11 AM

Thanks ..... Ann

The USB ports in the rear top case are power only. So if you wish you can charge your phone there. But note they are only powered while the engine is running. BRP Connect app will not work from there. The BT pairing your phone to the dash should work from back there. Never done it but should work. Plenty close enough. That way you can play your MP3 tunes from your phone. Sound coming from the Spyders speaker or headset if you wish if it is paired. Also controlled by the joystick. The only thing is you have to start the music app from your phone before riding. You can also take phone calls but that will only work with a headset paired to the dash.

I cooked my phone a couple times in the pizza oven before I learned it was a bad idea to put it in there. Suspect some damage to the phone battery because of it. I have a mount for my phone on the handlebars. Still using the cable from the glovebox for power. I have uninstalled the BRP Connect app from my phone. So if I want a gps I just use my phone screen. It's bigger than the Spyders screen and the gps apps work better. With a lot more chooses of apps to use. The only thing is I get a nag notification to install the connect app using that usb plug. To fix that I will be installing another usb power plug.

As a side question. Is your FM radio usable? Mine, the reception is so bad, it's useless. Dealer unable to fix so far.

Jarred
11-02-2018, 11:47 AM
I had my Spyder in for service a few weeks ago, and they updated the software. Now I no longer get the “no track selected” message. I can select music while driving, I used to have to pull over to select my music from BRP Connect. Glad to see BRP continue to upgrade software to improve the new dash.

Flamewinger
11-02-2018, 02:06 PM
I found on my phone with BRP connect that it wouldn't start the app on its own. Everytime I start the bike I have to physically go in and start the app on my phone, either music or genius and then BRP will connect.

You need to have the dash firmware updated to 13.20 then it will open the app as long as the phone is unlocked.

Spyder_Cowgirl
11-02-2018, 03:04 PM
As a side question. Is your FM radio usable? Mine, the reception is so bad, it's useless. Dealer unable to fix so far.

Billy … thanks for confirming that BRP Connect will only work from the one USB port in the "oven". As I am used to hooking my phone up in the rear of the RT and starting music first, the only extra step for me will be to pair the phone to the F3 and then can control from the joy stick … just as I do on the RT (with the predecessor to the joy stick).

So far, my radio seems usable …. I have set a few presets and reception seems decent (at least while I am sitting still). Have not "road tested" radio yet -- will update once I have. The only thing I can think of for your reception is that it might be a ground issue with the antenna (very sensitive to that with all my horror stories with the CB on the RT). If your dealer has not checked that the radio and antenna are grounded …. it might be worth looking into.

All the best ….. Ann

SpdrDvr
11-03-2018, 02:49 PM
BRP Connect doesn't work with Android. Period. The latest version of the software is 13.20, not 13.02. We've been to 4 different dealers, 2 of them are platinum, with the latest stating that they had BRP specialists in their dealership without success. They said disconnect from BRP Connect and wait for a fix. Really? They didn't have to wait for our payment.

I called the BRP help line yesterday (as their email system won't accept my input, keep getting an error that the system is temporarily down - for two months? ) and was promised a phone call within 24 hours from their BRP Connect experts. Still waiting.

Wayne

I feel your pain! I've made three payments on my F3L so far and the BRP Connect STILL does not work. I've been told in writing and verbally they are working on it and will let me know when they have it fixed. Can I tell them the same about all future payments??

Jazzi1
11-05-2018, 03:02 AM
There is a firmware update that makes FOBO works with Android. I did request that it'll be done before shipping. I am aware of actually touching the sensors with the phone. Anyway, I'll know by tomorrow if delivery is on time.

I've been using my FOBO with my Samsung Galaxy s7 and s8 Android phone for more than a year and haven't had any problems with the software working properly with the TPMS. Works fine for me.

stebrock
11-05-2018, 11:22 PM
The USB ports in the rear top case are power only. So if you wish you can charge your phone there. But note they are only powered while the engine is running. BRP Connect app will not work from there. The BT pairing your phone to the dash should work from back there. Never done it but should work. Plenty close enough. That way you can play your MP3 tunes from your phone. Sound coming from the Spyders speaker or headset if you wish if it is paired. Also controlled by the joystick. The only thing is you have to start the music app from your phone before riding. You can also take phone calls but that will only work with a headset paired to the dash.

I cooked my phone a couple times in the pizza oven before I learned it was a bad idea to put it in there. Suspect some damage to the phone battery because of it. I have a mount for my phone on the handlebars. Still using the cable from the glovebox for power. I have uninstalled the BRP Connect app from my phone. So if I want a gps I just use my phone screen. It's bigger than the Spyders screen and the gps apps work better. With a lot more chooses of apps to use. The only thing is I get a nag notification to install the connect app using that usb plug. To fix that I will be installing another usb power plug.

Just picked up my 2018 F3 L. Found the antenna disconnected under the top case. Once connected it works really good especially compared to my 2016 F3 L which sucked!

Bigmo
11-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Just picked up my 2018 F3 L. Found the antenna disconnected under the top case. Once connected it works really good especially compared to my 2016 F3 L which sucked!

Yes, Bluetooth will work fine when the phone is in the trunk, USB plugged to keep charging. I get my music from the phone and have my GPS (a real one, not the stupid Genius which I can hardly read, waste of money) plugged to the audio port, which I extended to the handle bar. This way I can switch from music to navigation using the joy stick.

billybovine
11-06-2018, 10:50 AM

The dealer and I both looked to see if it was connected. Did not see a problem. But I will look again.

I am glad to hear that it will work when everything is connected correctly and not a design flaw. Thanks

Flamewinger
11-06-2018, 12:55 PM
Yes, Bluetooth will work fine when the phone is in the trunk, USB plugged to keep charging. I get my music from the phone and have my GPS (a real one, not the stupid Genius which I can hardly read, waste of money) plugged to the audio port, which I extended to the handle bar. This way I can switch from music to navigation using the joy stick.

So what you’re saying is you can either hear music OR GPS? Sounds like you can’t listen to both at the same time. I prefer to listening to both at the same time, so I learned how to use Genius maps and now that Sygic GPS is available, I find that is much easier to use. I also like listening to satellite radio so I pair my headset to my working cell phone that I also use with Waze or Garmin GPS. I use an older phone paired and plugged into the bike’s dash so I can use Sygic GPS, or REVER, or FOBO.

I found that wearing sunglasses in the helmet starts to hurt after a few hours and you can’t see the dash very well so I got 15% car window tint that is the static cling and cut a piece to fit the inner tinted shield which makes it darker. I can see the dash just under the inner shield and still get sun protection. The static window tint is $11 and the inner shield still works like it should.

maxxheadroom
11-07-2018, 08:13 AM
I have a similar setup as BigMo... I use the dash with Bluetooth for music phone calls and stats, use the Garmin (595LM) for navigation and FOBO. I could use the Garmin for everything but decided to use the dash software as well. If I am listening to music the GPS breaks in just as it did on the previous models to give directions and then the music comes back on...GPS mutes music just for the time it is on and I can actually do things like see what city is near, gas station is near, plan an 11 day trip and upload it all to the GPS, put in detours while I am riding... all without the use of the joystick, which does work but is a bit cumbersome to me. I also like that the GPS does little things like after a couple of hours it tells me that there is a gas station, convenience store, rest area in x amount of miles to possibly take a break. In case I am daydreaming (never do that, :) ) it also tells me a sharp curve is coming and what the speed limit of that curve is. I think that the dash software is ok for those who want to use it but for me the functionality is just not there.