PDA

View Full Version : Spyder RT

rguitar1
08-26-2018, 11:37 AM
I have a 2012 RTS I bought new and since day 1 the Bike has had a shake in it after 55 MPH.
Tires have been changed and balanced, this did not resolve the issue mechanics and BRP cant figure out what the issue is.

Please help:banghead:

Chupaca
08-26-2018, 11:50 AM
So many things to check and do I would consider a second opinion from another dealer. Tires and balance is but a fraction, tire pressure, alignment, all the joints, shocks and the DPS etc. We have had others with such issues a search may help with what they did. :dontknow:

2dogs
08-26-2018, 12:05 PM
Other than 55 mph where does the vibration seem to be coming from. Is it in the seat, the handle bars, the foot pegs, the engine, the front the rear, where? Like Chupaca said, there's so may possibilities.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-26-2018, 12:20 PM
So many things to check and do I would consider a second opinion from another dealer. Tires and balance is but a fraction, tire pressure, alignment, all the joints, shocks and the DPS etc. We have had others with such issues a search may help with what they did. :dontknow:
:agree: and let me add that if you have ....KENDA ...tires this may be the reason that they are still doing this ...AFTER you had them Balanced ..... Kenda's have a poor track record concerning " quality control " .................Mike :thumbup:

rguitar1
08-26-2018, 12:28 PM
:agree: and let me add that if you have ....KENDA ...tires this may be the reason that they are still doing this ...AFTER you had them Balanced ..... Kenda's have a poor track record concerning " quality control " .................Mike :thumbup:

You are correct on the tire brand is there any other tire I can add?

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-26-2018, 12:46 PM
You are correct on the tire brand is there any other tire I can add?
I believe the Kenda's you have are very likely Defective or have slipped a belt ??? ...... this is not uncommon with that Brand .... Arachnid's are probably worse in this respect :yikes:....... So this leaves Car tires which are EXCELLENT for Spyders ( They are BOTH made for " J " type rims , which the Spyder has ) ..... Since it's the fronts that are the problem you don't have to find a dealer who will put car tires on..... any place that does tires can do it with their TIRE CHANGERS and SPIN balance them as well ...... From MY currant list of BEST Spyder tires , I feel ( and so do others here ) that the Vredestein Quatrac 5, provides excellent performance and SAFETY at a reasonable cost..... finding a seller may be a problem - I know the TIRERACK sells them in our sizes....and I think they are shipping for FREE now ...........Hope this helps .... Mike :thumbup: