PDA

View Full Version : 2018 RT Limited improvements

RidinOn3
08-25-2018, 09:19 AM
Just purchased my first Spyder, a new 2018 RT Limited. Was wandering if there have been any improvements over past year model such as sway bars, shocks, etc. Mine has the automatic suspension adjusting. I'm just wandering what kind of upgrades I might want to make in the future after I get her broke in.

Easy Rider
08-25-2018, 09:48 AM
I'm just wandering what kind of upgrades I might want to make in the future after I get her broke in.

Cross your fingers that you will just LOVE every aspect of it and won't need to change anything.
That seems to happen to quite a few new owners.

Then there is the rest of us...........;)

RidinOn3
08-25-2018, 10:40 AM
No doubt! I'm afraid I''m already with the rest of you. I like accessories! I gave up my Goldwing (loaded) and came over to the "unknown"! Just like the Wingers, I found that the Spyder bunch is a great group of people.

stmike 1800
08-25-2018, 12:41 PM
As for improvements ,to me they went backwards and the 2017 is a better bike .Mostly the new gauge, it is a pain in the part you sit on .:sour:

ARtraveler
08-25-2018, 01:07 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde. I recommend giving it about a thousand miles before making any riding modifications. If you have to "farkle" there are plenty of lights and bling options to go with.

Jarred
08-25-2018, 01:23 PM
Just purchased my first Spyder, a new 2018 RT Limited. Was wandering if there have been any improvements over past year model such as sway bars, shocks, etc. Mine has the automatic suspension adjusting. I'm just wandering what kind of upgrades I might want to make in the future after I get her broke in.

Congrats on the new ride! I too am a new Spyder owner (as of 7/9/18), I have the ‘18 RTL, I know some complain about new dash, but I love it. Some problems here and there but software can be updated.
Great advice to wait till 1k miles to adjust anything, I have 1,500 miles and have learned a lot. With that said, I concentrated on after markets parts/accessories that help protect my Spyder. Lamonster Garage and SpyderPops have great products and install videos. I recommend the following.
1) Missing Belt Guard
2) SpyderPops BumpSkid
3) KOTT Grilles.
I think that’s a good start. Also (if u don’t already own from the Wing), Lamonster has great “roadside assistance” gear. Battery Jumper, flat tire kit etc.
Also recommend Lamonster Spyder Cuff & Black Diamond Detailer. Since I bought my Spyder I’ve only used the BRP cleaners/Detail Spray. Lamonster’s is much better! And my wife loves the smell, my garage smells like a Piña Colada! Lol

Most of all, drive safe and have fun.
‘Best of luck!

ARtraveler
08-25-2018, 01:47 PM
Congrats on the new ride! I too am a new Spyder owner (as of 7/9/18), I have the ‘18 RTL, I know some complain about new dash, but I love it. Some problems here and there but software can be updated.
Great advice to wait till 1k miles to adjust anything, I have 1,500 miles and have learned a lot. With that said, I concentrated on after markets parts/accessories that help protect my Spyder. Lamonster Garage and SpyderPops have great products and install videos. I recommend the following.
1) Missing Belt Guard
2) SpyderPops BumpSkid
3) KOTT Grilles.
I think that’s a good start. Also (if u don’t already own from the Wing), Lamonster has great “roadside assistance” gear. Battery Jumper, flat tire kit etc.
Also recommend Lamonster Spyder Cuff & Black Diamond Detailer. Since I bought my Spyder I’ve only used the BRP cleaners/Detail Spray. Lamonster’s is much better! And my wife loves the smell, my garage smells like a Piña Colada! Lol

Most of all, drive safe and have fun.
‘Best of luck!

I like your list. I added #2 and #3 above to mine at about a thousand miles. :yes:

RidinOn3
08-25-2018, 06:08 PM
Thanks! The bumpskid is definitely a must have and I'll be checking out the others.

sealfloorboards
08-26-2018, 12:55 PM
:congrats: On your new Spyder. If, after riding a while you feel the need to stretch out more than the little BRP floorboards can give, you might check out my Seal Floorboards for a much more comfortable ride. They are a very easy and quick install.
Ride in comfort,
John

Easy Rider
08-26-2018, 05:28 PM
:congrats: On your new Spyder. If, after riding a while you feel the need to stretch out more than the little BRP floorboards can give, you might check out my Seal Floorboards for a much more comfortable ride. They are a very easy and quick install.
Ride in comfort,
John

This thread WAS about an RT Limited.
Mine came with full floorboards.
Don't they all ??

robhowen
08-26-2018, 06:39 PM
I suggest you leave as is until you really learn the characteristics of the bike and what you like and/or dislike. I then suggest you look into the offerings of the vendors that advertise on SpyderLovers as they represent a high percentage of the options that riders tend to do with their Spyders.

Have fun and welcome to our world.

Rob

RapidSpyder
08-26-2018, 06:49 PM
Add Baha Ron’s sway bar from Spyderpops to the list. Rides on rails now

Johndeeredoo
09-14-2018, 02:29 PM
This thread WAS about an RT Limited.
Mine came with full floorboards.
Don't they all ??

Sorry to say, they don't all come with foot boards.
When I purchased my 2018 RD limited, there were 3 other 2018 RT limited with foot pegs.
Why?
JM

widowmaker2011
12-07-2018, 03:12 AM
Because they were probably SM6 not SE6 .... manual transmission spyders have pegs.

Saluda
12-07-2018, 06:46 AM
Congrats and welcome, agree with give it a while before deciding on changes.

IgoFar2
12-09-2018, 05:33 PM
Because they were probably SM6 not SE6 .... manual transmission spyders have pegs.
2018RTL's only came with the SE6. The 2018RT has the option of either SE6 or SM6.

Also, the 2018RT (not the Limited) has driver foot pegs and passenger floorboards, with either SE6 or SM6.