PDA

View Full Version : h7 a or h7b and h11 a or h11 b???

aka1004
08-22-2018, 11:02 PM
I was about to order HID for headlight and fogs for RS and there was an option to choose between the two.
h7a or h7b for headlight and h11a or h11b for fogs.
anyone who got HID for fog lights or headlight remember or know which ones to get?
apparently, return wires, that wire runs parallel to the bulb needs to on the bottom when installed.
thank you in advance.

Bfromla
08-23-2018, 02:23 AM
Guessing you currently just have stock bulbs at the moment? Otherwise why not open it up & see what wire configuration you have? Maybe take some pics & ask a dealer:dontknow: my understanding was the LED's were better anyway, don't know if they are available in those sizes. Best of luck hope you find something :thumbup::popcorn::popcorn:

PMK
08-23-2018, 05:46 AM
I was about to order HID for headlight and fogs for RS and there was an option to choose between the two.
h7a or h7b for headlight and h11a or h11b for fogs.
anyone who got HID for fog lights or headlight remember or know which ones to get?
apparently, return wires, that wire runs parallel to the bulb needs to on the bottom when installed.
thank you in advance.

Unsure of the brand you are looking at or your budget, regardless, FWIW, have you watched EBay at all for the BRP / Can Am optional HID lights for the headlights? Those were in the $1100 range when they were available. They are very deep discounted and new in the box these days when you find them. Probably the best HID setup and designed specifically for the Spyder.

quick search and saw two sets. This is one, the other they are asking a lot for it but making a stupid low offer could get it also.

This is the lower cost EBay listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-XENON-LIGHTING-SYSTEM-12-PRIOR-CAN-AM-SPYDER-RS-RS-S-RETAIL-1139-99/252407444746?hash=item3ac4a7f50a:g:GpEAAOxy7S5R-~fp&vxp=mtr

wyliec
08-23-2018, 06:05 AM
I have a 2008GS and I have the magician's (no longer here) hid's for headlights. I can check later this A.M. b/c I still have the packaging. I'm off to the dentist first, and then I can find the packaging in the garage a little later.

Bob Denman
08-23-2018, 06:54 AM
Why not make it easy, and order some LED bulbs from TricLEDs or Lamont? :dontknow:
Pure PnP! :yes:

aka1004
08-23-2018, 07:44 AM
Thank you for the response.
I thought about going with LED but after a long discussion with myself, decided on hid for more output.
Morimoto is the brand I’m going with for $180 for h11, $185 for h7. LED cost about the same.
Back in 09, there was no h7 a or b but I guess people started noticing shadow when the return wire is on top so now hid comes a or b depending on the type of housing you have to have return wire on the bottom.
I would not be able to tell by looking at halogen bulb, well there is no a or b for halogen.
Brp hid are 4300k but I want them at least 5500k. I had them on my old RS and I didn’t like them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-qdyoPcReo

aka1004
08-23-2018, 08:21 AM
Why not make it easy, and order some LED bulbs from TricLEDs or Lamont? :dontknow:
Pure PnP! :yes:

how about they don't don't sell any???
plus I would get these if I was to go LED. :)

http://www.morimotohid.com/h7-morimoto-2stroke.html

wyliec
08-23-2018, 09:06 AM
I looked and my packaging just says H7 8000k, there was no A or B shown.

aka1004
08-23-2018, 09:21 AM
I looked and my packaging just says H7 8000k, there was no A or B shown.

Thank you.
Yea this a or b thing didn’t exist back then. :)