PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranty

I-Day
08-16-2018, 02:26 PM
It’s time for me to start looking for an extended warrant on my 2016 F3T that I purchased in March of 2017. Any suggestions?

ARtraveler
08-16-2018, 02:31 PM
BRP BEST. Can be purchased from any authorized Spyder dealer. Most popular on the site are Berts Mega Mall and IMoto Sports. Give them a call, get a quote. Also give your dealer a chance at it.

d.o.spyder-rts
08-16-2018, 03:34 PM
:agree:had BEST for my '12 and have it for my '16 purchased from Berts Mega Mall both times. Dale

tajohn
08-16-2018, 03:57 PM
Shop around first because the prices are all over the place. Give your local dealer a chance after you have several quotes. I've seen prices under $700 for 3-year. Good Luck!

irvin48
08-16-2018, 04:38 PM
Shop around first because the prices are all over the place. Give your local dealer a chance after you have several quotes. I've seen prices under $700 for 3-year. Good Luck!

thats what i did. he matched it[plus sales tax].

Gunner3773
08-16-2018, 06:12 PM
The BEST warranty may be the "best out there for our bikes. However, be aware that under the BEST warranty, BRP may deny the repair depending on what it is and, according to my dealer, who answers the phone at BRP to authorize the BEST repair on that particular day. In my case, my hazing headlights on my RT were denied because the failure was "cosmetic." I wonder if the NTHSA would have the same opinion on the reduced light output of those headlights due to the hazing. Thankfully, BRP did authorize the replacement of the multi-function switch on the left side of my handlebars since I could upshift the transmission with the turn signal switch. $31,000 bike with headlight hazing ?????????????

You definitely need some type of extended warranty for these bikes. I have had repairs under the factory two year warranty and one repair under the extended warranty so far.

If Honda ever builds a reverse trike, the BRP warranty authorization issue will no longer be an issue for me.

oldguyinTX
08-16-2018, 08:43 PM
The BEST warranty may be the "best out there for our bikes. However, be aware that under the BEST warranty, BRP may deny the repair depending on what it is and, according to my dealer, who answers the phone at BRP to authorize the BEST repair on that particular day. In my case, my hazing headlights on my RT were denied because the failure was "cosmetic." I wonder if the NTHSA would have the same opinion on the reduced light output of those headlights due to the hazing. Thankfully, BRP did authorize the replacement of the multi-function switch on the left side of my handlebars since I could upshift the transmission with the turn signal switch. $31,000 bike with headlight hazing ?????????????

You definitely need some type of extended warranty for these bikes. I have had repairs under the factory two year warranty and one repair under the extended warranty so far.

If Honda ever builds a reverse trike, the BRP warranty authorization issue will no longer be an issue for me.

"If Honda ever builds a reverse trike, the BRP warranty authorization issue will no longer be an issue for me."

:agree: With Honda, you almost don't even need a warranty. Of course they have over 50 years of building reliable motorcycles under their belt. In that context, BRP is a still taking baby steps. You can bet that when-not if- Honda builds a reverse trike, it will be beautiful, have lots of storage, and be very ​reliable.

Gunner3773
08-16-2018, 09:56 PM
"If Honda ever builds a reverse trike, the BRP warranty authorization issue will no longer be an issue for me."

:agree: With Honda, you almost don't even need a warranty. Of course they have over 50 years of building reliable motorcycles under their belt. In that context, BRP is a still taking baby steps. You can bet that when-not if- Honda builds a reverse trike, it will be beautiful, have lots of storage, and be very ​reliable.

Very true on the warranty. I have owned Honda's for about 44 years. When I bought my current Honda in 2010, the owner of the dealership asked if I was interested in the extended warranty. I just laughed. He laughed too and said, "I had to ask."

Road-Kill
08-17-2018, 07:46 AM
I just purchased my 3 year BEST warranty @ $968.00....now I have a warranty till 03/2022
Expensive but it gives me both peace of mind and a selling point in the future.

Little Blue
08-18-2018, 04:12 AM
Did you buy it from your local Spyder Dealership? :thumbup:

Road-Kill
08-19-2018, 07:25 AM
If you are asking me....yes I did.
They were close enough in the price and I like to give them my business so they have a vested interest in keeping me happy.

Did you buy it from your local Spyder Dealership? :thumbup:

DDT
08-20-2018, 07:50 AM
You will not believe the difference in cost. Get a several different cost and then go to your dealer. My dealer beat the lowest cost I found by $25.00.

Inflatableman
08-20-2018, 08:33 AM
DO NOT BUY ROUTE 66. THE WORST!!!!!!. In a loosing battle for a DPS replacement.