PDA

View Full Version : One of the greatest Singers of our time has passed

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-16-2018, 10:35 AM
" Aretha " has gone to a better place ..... The Queen of Soul is gone but will never be forgotten ....sending many, many :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::p ray::pray::pray:....for Her and her family ........We lost Mahalia ( Jackson ) back in 72 and now Aretha, this is a very sad day .......... Mike :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
08-16-2018, 10:47 AM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

:pray::pray::pray:

Bob Denman
08-16-2018, 11:00 AM
:shocked: R.I.P., and kind thoughts and prayers for her family... :pray::pray:

Chupaca
08-16-2018, 11:04 AM
:pray::pray:'s to all her family and friends....one of the greatest but her voice will live on...

canamjhb
08-16-2018, 12:34 PM
Her appearance in The Blues Brothers is unforgettable. A World Class Lady.....

ARtraveler
08-16-2018, 01:49 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

:pray::pray::pray:

:agree: x 2 :bowdown::bowdown:

sandeejs
08-16-2018, 03:20 PM
R.I.P. to the First Lady of Soul

~Sandee~

Bob Denman
08-16-2018, 05:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6YCxXQ6Scw

ByeSpyder
08-16-2018, 05:41 PM
I'm one of those people who does not agree with this thread. She is far from the "greatest".

Mind you, I am not talking about Aretha the person but Aretha the singer. Compared to some other notable singers such as Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald and Dionne Warwick Aretha is a howler in the context of a Whitney Houston - especially when she sings Gospel.

It takes more than volume to make a great singer.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-16-2018, 05:59 PM
I'm one of those people who does not agree with this thread. She is far from the "greatest".

Mind you, I am not talking about Aretha the person but Aretha the singer. Compared to some other notable singers such as Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald and Dionne Warwick Aretha is a howler in the context of a Whitney Houston - especially when she sings Gospel.

It takes more than volume to make a great singer.. Wow - I'll admit I've said some dumb things on this Forum, but your level of tactlessness gets you to be :firstplace: ....... In my Thread Title what was the - FIRST WORD :yikes::yikes::yikes: ........ Mike :thumbup:

spyderider1
08-16-2018, 06:49 PM
Both Aretha and Elvis died on the same calendar date, August 16th. He was 42 and she 74.

The next time you need a trivia question....pull that one out of your hat. (or wherever you keep your trivia)

Deanna777
08-16-2018, 06:53 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

:pray::pray::pray::agree: X3 Deanna

ByeSpyder
08-16-2018, 09:20 PM
. Wow - I'll admit I've said some dumb things on this Forum, but your level of tactlessness gets you to be :firstplace: ....... In my Thread Title what was the - FIRST WORD :yikes::yikes::yikes: ........ Mike :thumbup:

Just how was I "tactless"? I disagreed with the title of "the greatest" that virtually everyone else put on her singing (not on her person) and provided reasons why I feel this way. You said "one of the greatest" and I would still disagree with that as well, and for the identical reasons. You don't agree with me - that's fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.