PDA

View Full Version : RT garmin shuts off no power

redrt
08-15-2018, 08:26 AM
We have a 2012 RT put a new garmin gps 660 on with BRP mount, has been working fine , now it comes on with key on motor off, then shuts down when motor is started. It also dose not go to motorcycle mode, fuel range dose not work. Any ideas? Thanks Jim

Easy Rider
08-15-2018, 09:12 AM
then shuts down when motor is started. It also dose not go to motorcycle mode, fuel range dose not work. Any ideas? Thanks Jim

Can you re-start it after it shuts down......with the engine still running ?

Sounds to me like you are having a problem with the battery IN the 660.

I had a bad battery in my new 590.....but even with a new one, it doesn't last very long off the bike.......and it doesn't charge very fast when in use on the bike either.

Connecting it to an external charger for about 12 hours might help get it going.

trikermutha
08-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Is there a relay that turns the power on for that circuit?

Bfromla
08-15-2018, 03:15 PM
We have a 2012 RT put a new garmin gps 660 on with BRP mount, has been working fine , now it comes on with key on motor off, then shuts down when motor is started. It also dose not go to motorcycle mode, fuel range dose not work. Any ideas? Thanks Jim
Who did the connections? My 660 will have to reboot ,ask to stay on,when I crank the bike
(starting load cuts power to gps) but is in motorcycle mode whenever on that doc.
Fuel range (gauge) is all about settings it does not read info from the bike: you tell it how many miles you can go & set a warning range it will show a red gas pump on RH of screen when you get to the warning level miles. On or off bike.