PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranty

jcastiglia
08-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Is the b.e.s.t. Extended warranty for the spyder available in Florida? I've heard yes and no

Little Blue
08-12-2018, 02:41 PM
It should be. Check with your local Spyder Dealer for the price. Then check with a vendor on this site -- Bert's Mega Mall for a price. :thumbup:

kep-up
08-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Question: Are you asking about purchasing an extended warranty from the dealer when you buy your new machine?

Next question: If so, why would you pay extra money for an extended warranty to run concurrently with the factory warranty?

Just curious. I have never bought an extended warranty until the factory warranty has nearly expired, and thenonly if the item being warranted has been a problem. And if it has been a problem, I simply get rid of it and buy new. After all, it was junk from the start.

oldguyinTX
08-12-2018, 05:28 PM
From what I understand, you cannot buy an extended warranty in Florida. You can buy it for a Spyder registered in Florida from a dealer in another state. As mentioned, Bert's Mega Mall has great pricing, that's where I got mine for my 2013 RTL. Buy it when you have about 2 months left on your factory warranty, and have it start the the day the factory warranty runs out.

Highwayman2013
08-12-2018, 05:50 PM
Question: Are you asking about purchasing an extended warranty from the dealer when you buy your new machine?

Next question: If so, why would you pay extra money for an extended warranty to run concurrently with the factory warranty?

Just curious. I have never bought an extended warranty until the factory warranty has nearly expired, and thenonly if the item being warranted has been a problem. And if it has been a problem, I simply get rid of it and buy new. After all, it was junk from the start.

The BEST extended warranty doesn't start until the factory warranty stops. It can only be purchased while the factory warranty is still in effect.

oldguyinTX
08-12-2018, 07:05 PM
The BEST extended warranty doesn't start until the factory warranty stops. It can only be purchased while the factory warranty is still in effect.

That is correct. Some folks have found that out the hard way by letting the factory warranty expire, and then trying to get the BEST warranty, which NO ONE will sell you once the factory warranty is up. JMHO, 2 years on these machines seems lame at best, it should be 3.

kep-up
08-12-2018, 07:17 PM
But, are you paying for the BEST warranty while the factory warranty is in effect?

tibadoe
08-12-2018, 07:22 PM
When I decide to pull the trigger and purchase a new :f_spider:, I will go for the BEST ext warranty. Maybe if I shop around long enough I may get a good deal on it too ;).

Highwayman2013
08-12-2018, 07:40 PM
But, are you paying for the BEST warranty while the factory warranty is in effect?

How else could you do it?

JayBros
08-12-2018, 08:14 PM

You pay for the B.E.S.T. extended warranty once in a lump sum. Those who purchase it whenever they do are betting on getting the best, no pun intended deal, at the time as a hedge against inflation as well as any potential model-wide problem which might arise and that might cause dealers to charge more because of higher number of warranty payouts.

canamjhb
08-12-2018, 09:16 PM
They do change (raise) the price of the BEST warranty from time to time. If you purchase it, the extension begins when your original factory warranty expires. That is regardless of when you purchase it. In other words, if you buy the extension for 2 years, that 2 year time clock starts after your original warranty expires regardless of when you buy it. Just make sure you are still covered by the initial warranty when you buy it.....

d.o.spyder-rts
08-13-2018, 11:04 AM
It's true you can't purchase a BEST warranty in the state of Florida. However, it will be accepted by any Can-am dealer in Fl. I just purchased on for my '16 thru Berts Mega Mall. I had one for my '12 also purchased from Berts. If interested the contract Jennifer Basa, her email is :Jennifer.basa@bertsmegamall.com or give her a call at 626-974-6600 ext 492. Tell her I sent you and you're a spyderlovers member. Dale