PDA

View Full Version : F3L with F4 windshield question.

JP58
08-11-2018, 10:04 PM
I have a 2018 F3L with F4 shield. Since they decided to make the shield narrow at the mounting area. On cool morning's my hand get a lot of wind. Are there any above mirror wind deflectors I can buy. Baker has under mirror deflectors but not above. Windshield also looks unfinished there.

Dudley
08-11-2018, 10:19 PM
I have a 2018 F3L with F4 shield. Since they decided to make the shield narrow at the mounting area. On cool morning's my hand get a lot of wind. Are there any above mirror wind deflectors I can buy. Baker has under mirror deflectors but not above. Windshield also looks unfinished there.

Did you not research before you bought it? Plenty of pictures on the Internet. I have one for my F3L 2017, drive to work everyday it doesn't rain or snow...in winter some mornings in the low 30s. I have no complaints about cold hands with my winter gloves Not electric gloves. My hands feel better in the winter than they did on my 2010 RT and 2014 RT...much better wind protection over all.

JP58
08-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Yes I did. At the time I bought it there was no windshield I could find that extended past the brackets. If I wear heavier gloves I'm ok. The wife said she gets wind from there also. The shield is plenty wide above that bracket. Will probably have to make a bracket and ad RT wind deflectors.

Peteoz
08-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Yeah, it’s a real catch22, JP. I found the same sort of thing, but in the opposite season. I had a Madstad, which doesn’t have the cutouts of the F4. In the Aussie summer, my hands behind the Madstad were getting very bloody hot in 90+ degree days. I switched to the F4 and my hands cooled significantly. I have now gone back to the Madstad for winter.

Sorry, I can’t be ANY help with above mirror deflectors apart from recommending buying a Madstad.

Pete