PDA

View Full Version : How Much Trouble Am I In?

Mr. White
08-06-2018, 09:05 AM
The last time or two I refueled the seat release did not release easily. I looked at it and did not see any adjustment on the release. I had a real hard time Saturday but managed to get the seat open and gassed up. When I got home I tried it again and could not release the seat. I only live 2 miles from Coyote Powersports (closed Mondays) which is a good thing and have a full tank of gas. I was just wondering how much trouble I am in getting the release adjusted. Thanks.

:spyder2:

jerseyspyder
08-06-2018, 09:46 AM
2 years ago I had the same problem, I unscrewed the post and now the seat opens freely (doesn't lock) and have had no issues.

Bob Denman
08-06-2018, 09:51 AM
Hi George!
This is a pretty easy fix; it shouldn't take them more than fifteen minutes! :2thumbs:

DGoebel
08-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Yep, it's likely either loose bolts at the hinge or the post itself has loosened enough to move enough to be jammed.
You actually might be able to push the seat forward or back while trying to open it and get it to release.
Several folks here have developed an alternate manual release.

Jim&Teresa
08-06-2018, 01:15 PM
I believe the seat post is adjustable. Just loosen the seat post and move it slightly forward (or backwards) to better align with the latch. Hope that helps you! :thumbup: I would think moving it forward slightly (it doesn't take much: 1/16" - 1/8") will provide more clearance for the moving part of the latching mechanism.....

Explorer
08-06-2018, 01:41 PM
It is posable that the cable and it's sleeve have corroded and are binding. Replace cable and sleeve. Been there got a T-shirt.
Ride safe,
Roger

willey
08-06-2018, 02:55 PM
you will sleep so much better while on vacation if you take that stud under the seat.off and throw it away.this is my second spyder and i did the same to it.

2dogs
08-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Try pushing down on the seat while trying to unlatch it. There's many posts on this problem so do a search and you'll find answers. One post had photos where the poster pulled back the lower right front portion of the seat and exposed the latch and showed how to make it release. Good luck.

Grayfox
08-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Removed my post three years ago no worries.

Mazo EMS2
08-06-2018, 05:47 PM
I just zip-tied the release mechanism back so that the latch becomes "bypassed", but the post still rests where it should to keep the seat aligned. literally a 2 minute DIY fix.

Mr. White
08-06-2018, 06:35 PM
Thanks to all for your fixes. When I get it open, the latch is gone! Later.

finless
08-07-2018, 08:50 AM
The seat latch / pin is adjustable. Easy to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhscpnmB59c

Bob

Two cats
08-07-2018, 10:47 AM
I just zip-tied the release mechanism back so that the latch becomes "bypassed", but the post still rests where it should to keep the seat aligned. literally a 2 minute DIY fix.
that's what I did when ours messed up. Just zip tied it open. And the pin keeps the seat where it should be.

Mr. White
08-07-2018, 11:22 AM
2 years ago I had the same problem, I unscrewed the post and now the seat opens freely (doesn't lock) and have had no issues.

FIXED. I went to my Spyder tech a few minutes before opening time. It took him 2.4 minutes to: A) open the seat and remove the post. B) Tighten the loose bolts in the back of the seat which seemed to cause the problem. I had him remove the post and I kept it if I decide to put it back on. Problem solved. Thanks to all for your suggestions, all good.