PDA

View Full Version : Well the weekend started out great

Ramg66
08-05-2018, 05:26 PM
My wife has been wanting a Side by Side for some time now, and I figured since my Can-Am Spyder has been good to me I would stick with Can-Am after all the only problem I have had was a locked brake and the dealer sent someone to pick it up and had it ready for me in a few days, I figured why not. So I purchased my wife a 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000R, we were so happy yesterday we went and celebrated with dinner and drinks, her birthday is in a few days.

So today we go on our Sunday ride on my Spyder and I get Limp Home Mode error, DAMN!! I made it home and luckily I learned from you all what to do, I get my Spyder Codes app out (for the first time), and I get Code P0340, Crankshaft Position Sensor. I read all about it and will call my dealer in the morning. But I am bummed out.

spyderider1
08-05-2018, 06:29 PM
I have the same year and model and had the same code the first month or so. Limped in to the dealer, replaced under warranty the same day and has been good ever since. I've seen others with the same issue....makes ya wonder doesn't it?

trikermutha
08-05-2018, 06:31 PM
Whats with the bad cam sensors??My Dad just had his replaced bike only had over 3 K on it. But think he has a 2017 RT now..

oldguyinTX
08-05-2018, 08:51 PM
My wife has been wanting a Side by Side for some time now, and I figured since my Can-Am Spyder has been good to me I would stick with Can-Am after all the only problem I have had was a locked brake and the dealer sent someone to pick it up and had it ready for me in a few days, I figured why not. So I purchased my wife a 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport 1000R, we were so happy yesterday we went and celebrated with dinner and drinks, her birthday is in a few days.

So today we go on our Sunday ride on my Spyder and I get Limp Home Mode error, DAMN!! I made it home and luckily I learned from you all what to do, I get my Spyder Codes app out (for the first time), and I get Code P0340, Crankshaft Position Sensor. I read all about it and will call my dealer in the morning. But I am bummed out.

That code is a Camshaft positioning sensor. It happened to me twice on my 2013 RTL. Went into limp mode, backfired, and just generally p***d me off, especially the second time. When it goes wonky, it retards the timing. Not hard to fix, but you can bet your dealer will not have the part.

ARtraveler
08-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Did the :ani29: get mad about having to share the garage?? :dontknow:

Ramg66
08-05-2018, 10:16 PM
LOL, that's what it was