PDA

View Full Version : If anyone finds my garage door opener

irish2themax
06-03-2009, 08:55 AM
As I was tooling along I-66 from DC to West Virginia, my garage door opener took a detour on its own. I had it mounted on top of the gauge cluster with velcro but the air blowing through the opening in the Cal-Sci windshield ripped it loose...velcro and all :roflblack:

Oh well...live and learn

Donk45
06-03-2009, 09:20 AM
oh man, if you were in the area you could have gotten your 600 mile maint done here.:popcorn:

fastfraser
06-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Was going to mount mine with velcro. Guess i will have to come up with plan B.:dontknow:

dltang
06-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Mine has been mounted with Velcro for over a year, it is under the handlebar. I very rarely take it off so the Velcro is still in good shape. I have never lost it or had it come loose. I have ridden in rain, cold, snow heat you name it and never had a problem. I do have industrial Velcro, that may make a difference.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/attachingfob.jpg

bjt
06-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Mine has been mounted with Velcro for over a year, it is under the handlebar. I very rarely take it off so the Velcro is still in good shape. I have never lost it or had it come loose. I have ridden in rain, cold, snow heat you name it and never had a problem. I do have industrial Velcro, that may make a difference.

+1 Also, we mounted ours in a semi protected place, away from wind, rain, sun, etc.

WaltH
06-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I had mine attached with velcro under the handlebars on Spyder #1. The fire took care of that. I felt a little sticker shock when the new remote cost $36. I got the first one with the house. I am using the same method with Spyder #2. It seems secure.

bjt
06-03-2009, 10:13 PM
I had mine attached with velcro under the handlebars on Spyder #1. The fire took care of that. I felt a little sticker shock when the new remote cost $36. I got the first one with the house. I am using the same method with Spyder #2. It seems secure.

I heard that. I sometimes want to get another remote for the garage door but Home Depot wants $36 + for them. I did buy a generic, key fob garage door opener off eBay once and the price was in the $20's I think. It works well with my Chamberlain garage door opener.