PDA

View Full Version : My Fofo stopped working,Android 6.0

Moterofrustrado
08-03-2018, 05:28 AM
After the last update of the App my Fobo has stopped reading the sensors on my Android 6.0 but it is still working on my Iphone.Do you have Android 6.0 and does Fobo work?

J48cruiser
08-03-2018, 07:14 AM
E -Mail Fobo they have tech support that may help

Pirate looks at --
08-03-2018, 07:27 AM
The title of this thread sounded kind of naughty! I was originally going to reply "not to worry, with age all of our "FoFos" will stop working!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblac k:

hypurone
08-03-2018, 04:05 PM
After the last update of the App my Fobo has stopped reading the sensors on my Android 6.0 but it is still working on my Iphone.Do you have Android 6.0 and does Fobo work?

Yes, I am using FoBo on Android 6.0.1. There is a known issue with sensors dropping out from time to time. Sometimes simply installing them on one of your cars for a few minutes does something to "reset" them. Some have to change the battery even tho the battery is shown as good and some like me have had to uninstall them, then release them in the app then go thru reinstalling them.... Kind of a PITA and there was no explanation as to why from FoBo when I last contacted them about it....

jcthorne
08-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Louise and I gave up on the Fobos. I have 6 sensors on my bench that are of no use to us. I cannot pair them any longer as they think they are locked. They were used on our phones on our account but after phone updates, they no longer work and cannot be unlocked. It was the last straw as they had given so many false alarms over the months we had them that we grew tired of them and disabled all the notifications, only used them to check air when getting ready to ride. When it gets to the point that you spend more time jacking with the sensors than you would have just checking the air pressure....they are no longer serving a purpose.

The 6 sensors I have are bricks and I cannot even sell them to anyone. Tech support is now and has been useless and argumentative every time I spoke with or emailed them. Nope, no more Fobo for us.

samewok
08-03-2018, 06:03 PM
Sorry hear you have had so many problems.
Mine have work fine for four years.

jcthorne
08-04-2018, 07:19 AM
Sorry hear you have had so many problems.
Mine have work fine for four years.

I find it hard to believe in 4 yrs of use you have not had false alarms nor had to repeatedly replace batteries. Total failure of the system is only an OS update away and tech support is only there the blame the user for not properly using or understanding their defective product. I have a number of customers with them and their feelings are similar to ours. Many have also given up on them, some still use them.

We have tire pressure monitoring sensors on most of our other vehicles and NEVER have to mess with them. The sensors never need batteries and JUST WORK, all the time. They need new mounting clips etc when tires are changed out. The tech is out there, Fobo is generations behind and we grew wary of dealing with issues rather than just check the pressure once in a while and go.

2dogs
08-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Updates are not always a good thing. If you have a device, whatever it is, and if it's working correctly, don't update it! FOBO's, Sena, Android, Microsoft and many others are always trying to update their products. When they do, whatever they do, they end up screwing things up and products are no longer are compatible. Why, I don't have a clue. Remember, if it isn't broken and it works properly, don't try and fix it.

jcthorne
08-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Updates are not always a good thing. If you have a device, whatever it is, and if it's working correctly, don't update it! FOBO's, Sena, Android, Microsoft and many others are always trying to update their products. When they do, whatever they do, they end up screwing things up and products are no longer are compatible. Why, I don't have a clue. Remember, if it isn't broken and it works properly, don't try and fix it.

Very bad advise from a security standpoint. ALWAYS keep any device that has network access fully updated.

2dogs
08-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Very bad advise from a security standpoint. ALWAYS keep any device that has network access fully updated.

Functionality vs security. I use Norton for security, but as others have mentioned, if it no longer works what good is it?