PDA

View Full Version : Are spyders alligned at the factory? You tube personality said they wernt

kevin_from_ny
08-02-2018, 05:53 PM
Watched one of shawns videos and he said the spyders have to have a allignment at the dealership before being put on the showroom floor? I always assumed they were alligned at the factory before being shipped to the dealers.

Bob Denman
08-02-2018, 05:55 PM
They are aligned at the factory... sort of! nojoke
But it's pretty rare for a laser alignment to NOT yield positive results! :2thumbs:

jcthorne
08-02-2018, 06:08 PM
It depends on your definition of 'aligned'

they are not laser aligned to track with the rear wheel thrust, nor is the dynamic power steering adjusted to match the physical steering center line.

VERY FEW Spyders do not benefit from a proper laser alignment. Many if not most are WAY off.

ES44AC
08-02-2018, 06:17 PM
My Spyder was fine when I bought it.

I've bought plenty of cars and trucks I had to take back because the front end was out of alignment. I tend to think Ford and Chevrolet give it a half a#$ alignment so the dealer can sell you other crap you don't need .

JayBros
08-02-2018, 07:03 PM
My Spyder was fine when I bought it.

From everything I've read on this web site you are in a small minority. Don't think so, ask Lamonster, the Meyers, Shawn Smoak and J.C. Thorne.