PDA

View Full Version : Brake failure

Rookiespyder
08-01-2018, 09:12 PM
I was working on my spyder trying to do a belt alignment very frustrating by the way. I was starting it then suting it off back and forth about 10 times or so. Then when I thought I had the belt set went for a ride around the block and the limp mode light came on. So I brought it back home tried to put the parking brake on but it would not go on shut the bike down and the alarm went off for the brake. Any ideas out there what I can do to fix this I am starting to freak out a little. Thanks

Bfromla
08-01-2018, 09:54 PM
I was working on my spyder trying to do a belt alignment very frustrating by the way. I was starting it then suting it off back and forth about 10 times or so. Then when I thought I had the belt set went for a ride around the block and the limp mode light came on. So I brought it back home tried to put the parking brake on but it would not go on shut the bike down and the alarm went off for the brake. Any ideas out there what I can do to fix this I am starting to freak out a little. Thanks
:p Not knowing what all was done to try & adjust your belt, off hand sounds like you disconnected your brake able or a sensor wire:lecturef_smilie:. Hopefully just disconnected & not damaged

suggesr you go back & double check everything you may have left loose, again hopefully nothing fell off or was damaged in the ride around block. Good luck

Rookiespyder
08-01-2018, 10:01 PM
I just loosened the rear axel nut and turned the allen key head to adjust it.

I have 3 codes that come up c006c c0034 c0031 not sure what they are for.

jstjohnz
08-01-2018, 10:33 PM
Well those codes are all related to the vehicle stability system. You might want to have a look at the wheel speed sensor on the rear wheel to make sure that it was not damaged or disconnected

Chupaca
08-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Did you have the wheel off the ground and run it back and forth with the engine in gear...?? this will cause a front wheel brake problem and the communication to the engine control module. The computer (abs) sees the rear wheel spinning and the fronts not moving. If not the case then check the rear abs sensor and notched disc on the back wheel. Sometime the sensor gets moved while adjusting the belt and the gap gets to wide...:dontknow:

Rookiespyder
08-02-2018, 05:10 AM
Did you have the wheel off the ground and run it back and forth with the engine in gear...?? this will cause a front wheel brake problem and the communication to the engine control module. The computer (abs) sees the rear wheel spinning and the fronts not moving. If not the case then check the rear abs sensor and notched disc on the back wheel. Sometime the sensor gets moved while adjusting the belt and the gap gets to wide...:dontknow:

Yes that is exactly what I did but I did not think that I disconnected anything on purpose. I will have to look at it later today when I get home from work.

Highwayman2013
08-02-2018, 08:27 AM
The spyder will throw codes if you run it in gear with the back wheel off the ground and the fronts not moving. Make sure the cable is still on for the park brake.

Rookiespyder
08-02-2018, 08:49 AM
The spyder will throw codes if you run it in gear with the back wheel off the ground and the fronts not moving. Make sure the cable is still on for the park brake.

The parking brake would not engage at first but then later it did engage. But the brake failure warning is still there along with the other stuff.

Chupaca
08-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Yes that is exactly what I did but I did not think that I disconnected anything on purpose. I will have to look at it later today when I get home from work.

The codes should clear once the computers reset. If they have not yet ..start run for a bit shut down remove key and have a cup of coffee or a beer...restart and take a Ryde so the computers see all is working well. Some say disconnect the battery and then reconnect ...:thumbup:

Rookiespyder
08-02-2018, 03:15 PM
The codes should clear once the computers reset. If they have not yet ..start run for a bit shut down remove key and have a cup of coffee or a beer...restart and take a Ryde so the computers see all is working well. Some say disconnect the battery and then reconnect ...:thumbup:

Once I finish playing with the belt alignment I will try what you are suggesting to do if not then disconnect the battery and if it is still there then on to a tow truck I guess to the stealership.

Rookiespyder
08-02-2018, 06:35 PM
All resolved now finally got the belt lined up and all the codes have disappeared once I took it out of Eco mode. Thanks to everyone for all of your help. Now I can breath with a sigh of relief.

Bfromla
08-02-2018, 09:27 PM
All resolved now finally got the belt lined up and all the codes have disappeared once I took it out of Eco mode. Thanks to everyone for all of your help. Now I can breath with a sigh of relief.
:firstplace::congrats::clap: Good to here & thanks for keeping us informed :2thumbs:
glad you got to know your Spyder better, FYI it will make adding farkles easier :ohyea:

BajaRon
08-02-2018, 09:30 PM

BINGO!