PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a new owner!

nethfel
07-31-2018, 09:36 AM
Hi all and greetings from Middle Tennessee

I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks and just recently created an account.

My wife and I just purchased a 2018 RT this last Saturday (picking it up and turning our two trade in bikes today) - we are really looking forward to getting out there on it!

Although I still enjoy 2 wheels (as does my wife, but I don't think quite as much), neither of us felt comfortable doing 2 up on the motorcycles and we wanted to ride together and, honestly, we both like the look of the Spyder in terms of a trike! Plus she's had some on and off again balance issues that we both think the Spyder will be safer.

I'm sure I'll have many questions as we get used to our new machine (and it becomes my daily driver ;))

DGoebel
07-31-2018, 09:41 AM
Congratulations and Welcome May the new Spyder bring you many, many miles of smiles

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-31-2018, 09:46 AM
:welcome:.....& .:congrats: ............ you should read the " Do's and Do nots " at the top of the General discussion page ...... Lots of questions are answered there ..............Mike :thumbup:

Dmetcalf
07-31-2018, 09:47 AM
Great resource here for you. Welcome ..!

BoilerAnimal
07-31-2018, 09:54 AM
Welcome to a great site for info and get ready to enjoy the ride of your life!

nethfel
07-31-2018, 09:54 AM
Thanks all!

@BLUEKNIGHT911 - I've actually read the main post a couple times already and probably will several times more! It is a good amount of information especially for us new owners.

Saluda
07-31-2018, 11:13 AM
and welcome.

Two cats
07-31-2018, 11:19 AM

I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks and just recently created an account.

My wife and I just purchased a 2018 RT this last Saturday (picking it up and turning our two trade in bikes today) - we are really looking forward to getting out there on it!

Although I still enjoy 2 wheels (as does my wife, but I don't think quite as much), neither of us felt comfortable doing 2 up on the motorcycles and we wanted to ride together and, honestly, we both like the look of the Spyder in terms of a trike! Plus she's had some on and off again balance issues that we both think the Spyder will be safer.

I'm sure I'll have many questions as we get used to our new machine (and it becomes my daily driver ;))
Congrats on the new ride. May you have many wonderful rides:riding:. Welcome to the Spyder Family. We live in Columbia and ride over to the junk yard dog restaurant to eat some times. It would be nice to meet new spyder friends. There are a few more that live around close.

Bob Denman
07-31-2018, 11:30 AM
Welcome to our side of the garage! :2thumbs:

JayBros
07-31-2018, 12:18 PM
Congrats & Welcome! In addition to the do's and don't's do yourself a huge favor and thoroughly read your operator's guide. There's a wealth on information in it.

ARtraveler
07-31-2018, 01:03 PM
:welcome: and
:congrats: on your new ryde. :yes:

al0vely
07-31-2018, 01:09 PM
Welcome to the forum and the spyder world.

Enjoy the ride and don't forget all of the reading assignments from the previous posts in this thread. :2thumbs:

Chefex
07-31-2018, 01:10 PM
Welcome!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::clap::clap::cl ap::clap:

Floridian2017
07-31-2018, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the Spyder world. You will love it. Post pictures once you get her/him.

nethfel
07-31-2018, 01:47 PM
Congrats on the new ride. May you have many wonderful rides:riding:. Welcome to the Spyder Family. We live in Columbia and ride over to the junk yard dog restaurant to eat some times. It would be nice to meet new spyder friends. There are a few more that live around close.

That would be fun! My wife and I love JYD, although usually we order carry out lol (just easier sometimes especially since they get super busy). I travel to Columbia regularly honestly, both my wife and I love Fujiyamas and a few other places out there :) You all have so much more of a selection than we do ;)

Congrats & Welcome! In addition to the do's and don't's do yourself a huge favor and thoroughly read your operator's guide. There's a wealth on information in it.

Yup, another one I had read about while lurking the past few weeks. And of course, like an idiot, after I put the money and started the paperwork on Saturday I forgot to grab the owners manual to review it prior to today - luckily enough I was happy to find the owners manual online through BRP's site so I was able to read it on Sunday. A nice change as one of our previous bikes you could only buy the manual or find someone else who scanned the stupid thing in!

PrairieSpyder
07-31-2018, 03:49 PM

:welcome: & :congrats: Don't forget to post a pic of your new Spyder!