PDA

View Full Version : Time to move on to something else

Warlock
07-30-2018, 08:19 PM
Sold my 08 GS Spyder today. Sold it to a friend of mine for his wife. Had mixed feeling about it. May one day go back to 3 wheels but have been missing 2 wheels. Planning on going back to the Goldwing. Will still hang out here. Go several friends that has Spyders and I do all their work on them. What good about this place is if I hit a bump in the road plenty of support here. Will not be posting as much, but will be reading mostly.
David

SNOOPY
07-30-2018, 08:23 PM
Have fun with whatever you get next! :thumbup:

Chupaca
07-30-2018, 08:28 PM
Glad your sticking around and you found your spyder a good home... will be watching for your posts..:thumbup:

ARCTIC
07-30-2018, 09:47 PM
I just poked my head in here to see if anyone was taking me up on my free seat in the classifieds and I thought I'd see what's up with the new posts. Good to see snoopy is still at it :thumbup:

I traded my spyder for a chevy camaro 1LT V6. Then I made the mistake of test driving a 1SS V8 camaro :shocked: I now own a 1SS camaro convertible :roflblack:

We have a little guy in the family now so it works a lot better with the car. I really like the feature of pushing the button and sheltering from the rain and whatever. Climate control is very nice:2thumbs: No ear plugs and no helmets. Good times!! Enjoy whatever next hobby you choose!

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-30-2018, 10:32 PM
Sold my 08 GS Spyder today. Sold it to a friend of mine for his wife. Had mixed feeling about it. May one day go back to 3 wheels but have been missing 2 wheels. Planning on going back to the Goldwing. Will still hang out here. Go several friends that has Spyders and I do all their work on them. What good about this place is if I hit a bump in the road plenty of support here. Will not be posting as much, but will be reading mostly.
David
CRAP , your news DID .... NOT ...MAKE MY DAY :yikes::yikes::yikes: ....... but there are times when a change is best ......good luck - enjoyed your posts and ingenuity ...... Mike :thumbup:

Peteoz
07-30-2018, 11:30 PM
Thanks for all your help, David......here’s hoping you enjoy the Wing (or whatever you go with):thumbup:

Pete

Warlock
07-31-2018, 08:03 AM
CRAP , your news DID .... NOT ...MAKE MY DAY :yikes::yikes::yikes: ....... but there are times when a change is best ......good luck - enjoyed your posts and ingenuity ...... Mike :thumbup:

Still going to hang around. Got to know you folks. Some of the goldwing boards has some with attitudes. They talk alot about Harley riders, but the Goldwing boards are just as bad if not worst. But I tend to ride along and of course all my riding buddies ride Spyders. Maybe they will allow me to ride in the back.
David

Two cats
07-31-2018, 08:21 AM
Still going to hang around. Got to know you folks. Some of the goldwing boards has some with attitudes. They talk alot about Harley riders, but the Goldwing boards are just as bad if not worst. But I tend to ride along and of course all my riding buddies ride Spyders. Maybe they will allow me to ride in the back.
David
you are so right. GW riders get some bad attitudes. That why we sold ours and went to a spider. Got tired of all the rules and hate and discontent at times. But good luck with what ever you get. Ride Safe. Happy Trails. We'll be looking for your post.

PrairieSpyder
07-31-2018, 08:25 AM
David

I'm glad you'll be sticking around with us.

I just poked my head in here to see if anyone was taking me up on my free seat in the classifieds and I thought I'd see what's up with the new posts. Good to see snoopy is still at it :thumbup:

I traded my spyder for a chevy camaro 1LT V6. Then I made the mistake of test driving a 1SS V8 camaro :shocked: I now own a 1SS camaro convertible :roflblack:

We have a little guy in the family now so it works a lot better with the car. I really like the feature of pushing the button and sheltering from the rain and whatever. Climate control is very nice:2thumbs: No ear plugs and no helmets. Good times!! Enjoy whatever next hobby you choose!

Yeah, that's the ticket. You have a small child, so a sports car is the way to go! :joke::joke:

I guess it's more practical than a Spyder, though.

ARCTIC
07-31-2018, 10:01 AM
I'm glad you'll be sticking around with us.

Yeah, that's the ticket. You have a small child, so a sports car is the way to go! :joke::joke:

I guess it's more practical than a Spyder, though.

It's our 3rd vehicle. We have 2 other full size 4 door vehicles. It actually is useable versus the spider getting shoved into a corner and rotting away. The fact that it's a convertible makes it easy to get our son in and out of the back seat. Also when we're driving without him tagging along, we're no so concerned about that deer jumping out in front of us. And hopefully our survival rate would be substantially higher from a texting zombie driver and we're more visible to other motorists.

Bob Denman
07-31-2018, 11:09 AM
Don't forget to post some pictures of your next "Pride & Joy"! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
07-31-2018, 01:10 PM
Sorry to hear the :ani29: has been sold. You can't go wrong with a GW though. The new ones even tempted me. :yes::yes:

Warlock
07-31-2018, 02:18 PM
Sorry to hear the :ani29: has been sold. You can't go wrong with a GW though. The new ones even tempted me. :yes::yes:

Un fortunate it will not be a new one. But I'm ok with that. I'm buying a 05 Goldwing with 30000 miles on it. Going to pick it up Thursday. It has mural painted on the bags. Don't know if I will like them or not, but found some more replacement bags for it.
David

ARtraveler
07-31-2018, 03:12 PM
Un fortunate it will not be a new one. But I'm ok with that. I'm buying a 05 Goldwing with 30000 miles on it. Going to pick it up Thursday. It has mural painted on the bags. Don't know if I will like them or not, but found some more replacement bags for it.
David

They are all good. At 30K is barely broke in. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

flamingobabe
08-01-2018, 07:33 AM
David

Warlock....I've heard you can power wash the murals off.....just a thought

Warlock
08-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Warlock....I've heard you can power wash the murals off.....just a thought

Might have to try that. I have a pressure washer

johnsimion
08-01-2018, 04:37 PM
It's our 3rd vehicle. We have 2 other full size 4 door vehicles. It actually is useable versus the spider getting shoved into a corner and rotting away. The fact that it's a convertible makes it easy to get our son in and out of the back seat. Also when we're driving without him tagging along, we're no so concerned about that deer jumping out in front of us. And hopefully our survival rate would be substantially higher from a texting zombie driver and we're more visible to other motorists.

My wife and I never owned a four-door car until our son was at least three years old. Yes, it's more trouble to put the kid in the car seat but our cars (two two-doors) were a lot smaller than your Camaro and if we could do it, you can do it and eventually the kid no longer needs a car seat.