PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure.

Jarred
07-29-2018, 09:19 AM
Good morning all. I’ve searched for an answer to this question but can’t find it.
‘According to my manual, rear tire should be 28 PSI-no lower than 26psi, no greater than 30psi.
‘I’ve noticed w Fobo in the morning (before riding) my pressure is only 25.5psi (setting off the alarm for under inflating) but after riding a bit it goes up to 28-29psi. If I inflate it to 28 before riding, the alarm will go off after a few miles stating that tire is over inflated.
So what’s the correct “time” to confirm tire pressure, before ride or during?
‘Lots of talk on tire replacement so I want to make sure I’m maintaining my new tires properly.
‘Thanks SpYder Friends.

d.o.spyder-rts
07-29-2018, 09:40 AM
I've always check my tire pressures cold, that's the way I've always been told to do it. I'm sure others with more knowledge than me will chime in. Dale

JayBros
07-29-2018, 09:44 AM
Always cold.

AsphaltEagle
07-29-2018, 09:44 AM
Yes, stone cold.

Jarred
07-29-2018, 09:52 AM
Always cold.

Thanks everyone! I’ll add air now.

I love this page, everyone is so helpful. I’ve owned my Spyder only 3 weeks and love it!
Ive learned so much from you guys/gals.
Have a great Sunday.

ARtraveler
07-29-2018, 01:58 PM
What you have mentioned about the rear tires is called ballooning. As the tire heats up, the center balloons more than the rest of the tread. This leads to the early wear of the rear tires in the center.

I have been using 26# for cold pressure. At about 18K, the Kenda's still have good center tread, compared to when I used 28# cold.

In the past, 15K was pretty much tops for rear tire mileage on my Kendas.

SpyderAnn01
07-29-2018, 03:49 PM
You can change the limits on your FOBO so the alarm isn’t always going off. Just be sure to check the FOBO before you leave on a ride.

Peteoz
07-29-2018, 04:12 PM
Exactly what Ann said, Jarred. I check my cold tyres via FOBO on my iPhone before I leave, and have my warning limits set so that they only let me know if there’s a potential problem forming. My warnings are set to 3psi below and 4psi above my standard pressure. (Which is 20psi for my rear car tyre).

Pete

wingit3611
08-07-2018, 04:13 PM
I bought the trike with 25K on it. Drove it maybe 500 mile. Think it's time for a new fear tire. Let's see if a newbie can load a picture. Don't see anything to add a photo yet. Any way it would make a good racing slick. The guy had 50 hrs 50 pcs of air in it. 30 in the front. It really didn't handle that bad.

Peteoz
08-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Let's see if a newbie can load a picture. Don't see anything to add a photo yet.

Scroll down past the message box and you’ll see an Additional Options box, Wingit.
Scroll down in there to Attachments and select Manage Attachments.The Add Files box on the top right will take to where you can select a file/photo to upload....You should be able to wingit from there ;)

Pete

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-07-2018, 04:57 PM
I bought the trike with 25K on it. Drove it maybe 500 mile. Think it's time for a new fear tire. Let's see if a newbie can load a picture. Don't see anything to add a photo yet. Any way it would make a good racing slick. The guy had 50 hrs 50 pcs of air in it. 30 in the front. It really didn't handle that bad.
" It really didn't handle that bad " :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:...... keep the same PSI's and go for a ride in the RAIN ..... NO Don't that just kidding ..... super over-inflated tires will lose a lot of their traction the more over-inflated it is ..... A Kenda about 17 -F 29 -R .......car tires are different 15 psi - F 18 psi -R ...................Mike :thumbup::thumbup:

wingit3611
08-07-2018, 05:26 PM
Looks like I selected it. Thanks Pete

GaryinWI
08-08-2018, 08:42 PM
Always check pressure when tires are cold.

tehrlich
08-10-2018, 08:01 AM
Under-inflated tires can be dangerous. Pretty much every warning you will ever see about tires is about low pressure, not over inflation.

I have car tires and run 26psi up front and 30psi on the back. It runs great, and I've done just about everything I can to run them hard and limit them, including rain. Heat measured them on multiple rides to see if there were hot spots, and nothing. I, personally, do not like soft shoes because it greatly changes the way it handles for how I like to ride. Plus, soft shoes are really hard to turn even in the driveway!

If you want to go higher, just increase the psi about 2psi each time you go for a ride. You'll see the difference, and decide what you like. Just don't admit here that you may like higher tire pressures.

I'm not the only one that rides with these pressures. They just don't post here as much, as some do, because they don't want to engage some emoji-abusers. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::p:p:p

wingit3611
08-10-2018, 08:42 AM
HIGHER WORKEd Newbie Bought a couple week ago. F=30, R=50. Dropped to 17 & 28. Hard steering and darts in the corners. Raised front to 29 and now it feels like it's on rails, lighter steering nathually. Vee rubber font, CT in rear

Easy Rider
08-10-2018, 10:03 AM
I'm not the only one that rides with these pressures. They just don't post here as much, as some do, because they don't want to engage some emoji-abusers. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::p:p:p

I'm right there with you on this subject.

Just ignore those who think they are the only ones who know anything.
Often exactly the opposite is true. :thumbup:

AND.....often those who make the most noise actually have the least to say !!! :shocked:

teninospyder
08-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Under-inflated tires can be dangerous. Pretty much every warning you will ever see about tires is about low pressure, not over inflation.

I have car tires and run 26psi up front and 30psi on the back. It runs great, and I've done just about everything I can to run them hard and limit them, including rain. Heat measured them on multiple rides to see if there were hot spots, and nothing. I, personally, do not like soft shoes because it greatly changes the way it handles for how I like to ride. Plus, soft shoes are really hard to turn even in the driveway!

If you want to go higher, just increase the psi about 2psi each time you go for a ride. You'll see the difference, and decide what you like. Just don't admit here that you may like higher tire pressures.

Curious Who did the lettering on your front tires ?

Two cats
08-10-2018, 01:26 PM
Always cold.
yes that's the way you check air pressure when it cold. The normal is that for every mile you drive adds 1 pound of air to the tire pressure.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-10-2018, 02:07 PM
yes that's the way you check air pressure when it cold. The normal is that for every mile you drive adds 1 pound of air to the tire pressure.
Really :dontknow: .... So what happens if you drive 100 miles :lecturef_smilie::gaah: ...... Maybe you want to change that ...However I know two recent posters who might just take that as Gospel :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:................. Mike :thumbup:

Two cats
08-10-2018, 05:03 PM
Really :dontknow: .... So what happens if you drive 100 miles :lecturef_smilie::gaah: ...... Maybe you want to change that ...However I know two recent posters who might just take that as Gospel :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:................. Mike :thumbup:
I heard that from a tire guy one time. I kinda thought he had lost his mind to.but he swore it was true during hot weather. That is why you check tires when they are cold to stabilize the tire pressure before you take off riding. Sorry if I concussed anyone.

tehrlich
08-10-2018, 06:01 PM
Curious Who did the lettering on your front tires ?
Had them custom made at www.TireStickers.com. They make lettering for race cars, club racing, etc. You could probably get the same ones I have if you asked them about it.

tehrlich
08-10-2018, 06:03 PM
I'm right there with you on this subject.

Just ignore those who think they are the only ones who know anything.
Often exactly the opposite is true. :thumbup:

AND.....often those who make the most noise actually have the least to say !!! :shocked:
Ditto.

Easy Rider
08-11-2018, 10:40 AM
The normal is that for every mile you drive adds 1 pound of air to the tire pressure.

No that's not right at all.
Think about it for a minute.