PDA

View Full Version : Towed?

AsphaltEagle
07-26-2018, 01:56 PM
Queston..... Can a Spyder F3 be safetly towed? I don't mean on a trailer. I mean on its own wheels behind another vehicle.
If two F3's are riding together and one breaks down can it be towed by the other without causing damage or additional damage to the either?
If the towed machine's engine is not running, thus not pumping oil, will it be damaged even if towed in neutral?
I'm not talking across country, just to get it to help or a safe location.
Thanks.

ARtraveler
07-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Queston..... Can a Spyder F3 be safetly towed? I don't mean on a trailer. I mean on its own wheels behind another vehicle.
If two F3's are riding together and one breaks down can it be towed by the other without causing damage or additional damage to the either?
If the towed machine's engine is not running, thus not pumping oil, will it be damaged even if towed in neutral?
I'm not talking across country, just to get it to help or a safe location.
Thanks.

Good question. Not technical enough to answer about the oil question. If towed so the front wheels are down, I would be hinky about front end damage if it bottomed out.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Don'tPanic
07-26-2018, 03:05 PM
NOTICE If the vehicle must betransported, do not have it towed— towing can seriously damage thevehicle. Refer to TRANSPORTINGTHE VEHICLE in this section for de-tailed instructions.

NOTICE Do not tow the Spyderroadster — towing can seriouslydamage the vehicle drive system.

When contacting a towing or trans-porting service, be sure to ask if theyhave a flatbed trailer, loading ramp orpower ramp to safely lift the vehicleand tie-down straps. Ensure the vehi-cle is properly transported as specifiedin this section.

If your vehicle needs to be transported,it should be carried on a flatbed trailerof the proper size and capacity.

3. EXCLUSIONS — ARE NOT WARRANTED
– Incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation towing,storage, telephone, rental, taxi, inconvenience, insurance coverage, loanpayments, loss of time or loss of income
- Incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation, expensefor gasoline, expense for transporting the Product to and from the authorizedDistributor/Dealer, mechanic’s travel time, trailering or towing, storage, tele-phone, cell phone, fax or telegram charges, rental of a like or replacementProduct during warranty services or down time, taxi, travel, lodging, loss of ordamage to personal property, inconvenience, cost of insurance coverage, loanpayments, loss of time, loss of income, revenue or profits, or loss of enjoymentor use of Product.

Not sure if anyone's towed it other than on the flatbed :dontknow:

AsphaltEagle
07-26-2018, 03:33 PM
Thank you

Exactly what i was looking for.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-26-2018, 03:34 PM
NOTICE If the vehicle must betransported, do not have it towed— towing can seriously damage thevehicle. Refer to TRANSPORTINGTHE VEHICLE in this section for de-tailed instructions.

NOTICE Do not tow the Spyderroadster — towing can seriouslydamage the vehicle drive system.

When contacting a towing or trans-porting service, be sure to ask if theyhave a flatbed trailer, loading ramp orpower ramp to safely lift the vehicleand tie-down straps. Ensure the vehi-cle is properly transported as specifiedin this section.

If your vehicle needs to be transported,it should be carried on a flatbed trailerof the proper size and capacity.

3. EXCLUSIONS — ARE NOT WARRANTED
– Incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation towing,storage, telephone, rental, taxi, inconvenience, insurance coverage, loanpayments, loss of time or loss of income
- Incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation, expensefor gasoline, expense for transporting the Product to and from the authorizedDistributor/Dealer, mechanic’s travel time, trailering or towing, storage, tele-phone, cell phone, fax or telegram charges, rental of a like or replacementProduct during warranty services or down time, taxi, travel, lodging, loss of ordamage to personal property, inconvenience, cost of insurance coverage, loanpayments, loss of time, loss of income, revenue or profits, or loss of enjoymentor use of Product.

Not sure if anyone's towed it other than on the flatbed :dontknow:
BRP is thinking about long distance towing ..... not a few miles to a dealer ....... Snowmobiles weren't supposed to be towed either , however I' ve seen it done numerous times ........just use common sense ......jmho .... Mike

Chupaca
07-26-2018, 03:49 PM
If you must tow the trick is to disconnect the belt . But like Mike said....to safety or dealer close by.... should be alright...:thumbup:

SNOOPY
07-26-2018, 04:51 PM
Oops, thought the thread title said Toad.

SpyderAnn01
07-26-2018, 06:37 PM
You want to tow one with another Spyder? Doesn’t sound like a good idea to me. The Spyder is not designed to tow its own weight.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-26-2018, 08:04 PM
You want to tow one with another Spyder? Doesn’t sound like a good idea to me. The Spyder is not designed to tow its own weight.
:agree: ..... " Not designed " is the key words here ..... However the main reason for not going over 400 lbs ..... is STOPPING that load.....This by NO means is a recommendation that it is OK to try this, ...However desperate times may require desperate measures.