PDA

View Full Version : Nor-Cal Spyder Rally

Pirate looks at --
07-24-2018, 07:09 PM
163877Ok folks the deadline is coming up. Registration for the Nor-Cal Spyder Rally will close on August 3rd. We have some great rydes planned for all of you, three complete meals will be provided, vendors, and great accommodations in Oroville, California. After the deadline, you can still register, but we will not be able to guarantee that we will have your T-shirt size. So get it done this week and then go on the site and see what we have planned so far.......with surprises to come!. The web-site is below so sign up and come to the best Spyder Rally west of the Rockies!

https://norcalspyderrally.wixsite.com/ncsr

Lew L
07-24-2018, 08:10 PM
Sounds like a great time. Sept. will be here before we know it.

cptjam
07-24-2018, 08:20 PM
We will be there!!

cyclekid58
07-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Hope you all have a great time, I had to cancel out this year due to Esopghageal Cancer treatments which are in the 5th week of chemo and radiation, one more week to go finishing up Aug 6, then a 4 week break. Surgery in Seattle right after Labor day and will be pretty much down for the month of Sept. and recovery into october or so. Will be winterizing "Orient Express" before surgery, plan to do the NW PAC Spyder fest in winthrop next June and Deadwood in July for the 5th Annual, already have reservations and have a positive outlook to be there. :pray:

hypurone
07-25-2018, 04:43 PM
Hope you all have a great time, I had to cancel out this year due to Esopghageal Cancer treatments which are in the 5th week of chemo and radiation, one more week to go finishing up Aug 6, then a 4 week break. Surgery in Seattle right after Labor day and will be pretty much down for the month of Sept. and recovery into october or so. Will be winterizing "Orient Express" before surgery, plan to do the NW PAC Spyder fest in winthrop next June and Deadwood in July for the 5th Annual, already have reservations and have a positive outlook to be there. :pray:

I feel your pain! I desperately want to go to NCSR this year but my injuries aren't progressing enough and I just had to have a second microlaryngoscopy! This time a "dual". Then a brief ER stint a few days ago (on my B-day no less!) when the swelling eliminated my ability to breath and here I am quickly realizing I "shouldn't" go.... Man is my wingman Tom gonna be pissed! ;)

PrairieSpyder
07-26-2018, 10:12 AM
I talked with my family about me being gone a couple weeks for this and they're OK with it. So, I'll be there!!! :ohyea:

Lew L
07-26-2018, 12:17 PM
Love to meet up with you------ so I can put a person with the posts. There won't be too many Circuit Yellow :spyder2:'s at the rallynojoke.

Lew L

PS: Just checked your profile. My birthday is Sept 18:clap:. Us Virgos have to stick together:joke::joke:

PrairieSpyder
07-26-2018, 12:44 PM
Love to meet up with you------ so I can put a person with the posts. There won't be too many Circuit Yellow :spyder2:'s at the rallynojoke.

Lew L

PS: Just checked your profile. My birthday is Sept 18:clap:. Us Virgos have to stick together:joke::joke:

Most of the good people I've met were born in September! :ohyea:

BTW, I don't have that yellow RTS anymore. I'm now on a red '16 F3T. But I'll keep an eye out for your Spyder.

Pirate looks at --
07-27-2018, 08:25 AM
Patti,

This is the best news I have heard in a long time! It will be great to have you at this year's Rally. Make sure that you register right away as we will be closing it on the 3rd of August! See you in September.:yes:

PrairieSpyder
07-27-2018, 08:44 AM
Patti,

This is the best news I have heard in a long time! It will be great to have you at this year's Rally. Make sure that you register right away as we will be closing it on the 3rd of August! See you in September.:yes:

I registered yesterday and booked a space at the campground adjacent to the host hotel.

Where will the vendors be set up?

JerryB
07-27-2018, 11:01 AM
Hi Lew L,

Re: My birthday is Sept 18

So is mine; and it is the Air Force birthday.

Jerry Baumchen

Lew L
07-27-2018, 01:08 PM
Hi Lew L,

Re: My birthday is Sept 18

So is mine; and it is the Air Force birthday.

Jerry Baumchen

" Us Vergo's Have to stick together"

Lew L
07-27-2018, 01:10 PM
Most of the good people I've met were born in September! :ohyea:

9 months after New Years Eve..........

Pirate looks at --
07-30-2018, 10:05 AM
I registered yesterday and booked a space at the campground adjacent to the host hotel.

Where will the vendors be set up?
We will have two vendor areas, inside and outside. Inside will be in the hotel lobby where the registration desk will be. Folks like Squared Away that need to be working on vehicles will be outside in front of the hotel. The camping area is just accrossed the parking lot! Everything will be centrally located.

PrairieSpyder
08-01-2018, 12:38 PM
What's the status of the fires north of Oroville? Presuming they'll be over by the time of the rally, I'm wondering if the burn area will affect the rides, etc. :dontknow:

Pirate looks at --
08-01-2018, 01:05 PM
Patti,

Currently there are no fires in the area of the Rally and the planned rydes. This is an ever changing situation, and what is true today may not be true tomorrow. There is nor effect on any routes into Northern California and today there would be no impact on rydes. I will keep folks posted as to any changes as we get closer to Rally Time!

bcer960
08-01-2018, 01:16 PM
Patti,

Currently there are no fires in the area of the Rally and the planned rydes. This is an ever changing situation, and what is true today may not be true tomorrow. There is nor effect on any routes into Northern California and today there would be no impact on rydes. I will keep folks posted as to any changes as we get closer to Rally Time!

Thanks for keeping us up to date Larry.

Ray

Lew L
08-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Patti,

Not to be contrary or difficult ( like my those on ignore list) but there may be smoke in the area and sometimes it's thick. We have had days of smoke in Reno and the smoke plume extends hundreds of miles to the east.

So those with breathing problems ( COPD, asthma, and the like) might have concerns.

Lew L

Pirate looks at --
08-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Not to be contrary or difficult ( like my those on ignore list) but there may be smoke in the area and sometimes it's thick. We have had days of smoke in Reno and the smoke plume extends hundreds of miles to the east.

So those with breathing problems ( COPD, asthma, and the like) might have concerns.

Lew L
That is true Lew, and it has been especially bad where we are, fortunately, I don't suffer from these issues and can handle all but the most oppressive smoke, and if the Rally was today, I would offer that as a concern for some. We will keep people posted as to developments, but today's fires will be gone by then, and hopefully they will not be replaced by others.

bcer960
08-30-2018, 08:44 AM
Larry,

We are heading out this afternoon, hitting 11 states before meeting you in Oroville.

See you there......

Ray

Pirate looks at --
08-30-2018, 08:58 AM
Awesome! You two be safe, but have FUN! We will see you in a about 12 days! BTW things are clearing out nicely now, most of the fires are under control, and weather patterns are moving the smacked that remains out of the area,a s of now we should have great weather with temps in the mid to high 80s! See you soon!

bcer960
08-30-2018, 09:00 AM
Awesome! You two be safe, but have FUN! We will see you in a about 12 days! BTW things are clearing out nicely now, most of the fires are under control, and weather patterns are moving the smacked that remains out of the area,a s of now we should have great weather with temps in the mid to high 80s! See you soon!

Awesome, so looking forward to it.

cptjam
08-30-2018, 05:09 PM
Be there Monday!

Lew L
08-30-2018, 10:10 PM
Be there Monday!

Be there Monday also. Just over the hill from home.

Lew L

Pirate looks at --
08-31-2018, 08:13 AM
We will be there Sunday night and off pre-ryding our Wednesday ryde on Monday! See you all Monday evening!