PDA

View Full Version : 2018 BRP connect phone and sena question

JP58
07-23-2018, 09:52 PM
Ok I connected my Samsung J7 phone and sena 20s to my F3L. But when I get a phone call my phone caller I'd comes up on the display but I can't answer it. I push phone button on sena but phone just rings but not in my helmet speakers. If I disconnect phone from BRP connect then works fine. What am i doing wrong.

Flamewinger
07-23-2018, 11:20 PM
You use the joystick to answer the phone as its coming through the bike's system. You should see the dash change to show the phone call and you'll see joystick controls telling you how to answer. I've only answered a few times and I think I punched the joystick in to answer.

To make calls, You go to the phone control in the basic dash and you can find the phone book or recently called names. Scroll to the name you want to call and punch the joystick in to make the call.

Pallidus Aranea
07-24-2018, 08:32 AM
I have the same setup. When my phone ring ... and I want to answer the call ... just push the jog dial on the Sena. Its easier than the joystick. Even though your phone call gets displayed on the dash, the Sena is still the comms connection. Give it a try.

JP58
07-24-2018, 02:35 PM
I tried the jog dial and phone button. Would not answer. I would think if you use the joy stick you would have to have the USB cable connected to phone.

billybovine
07-24-2018, 03:33 PM
I tried the jog dial and phone button. Would not answer. I would think if you use the joy stick you would have to have the USB cable connected to phone.
It should not matter if the usb cable is plugged it or not. Joystick right answers the phone. Identified on the screen as a green check mark. Joystick left ignores the call. Identified on the screen a red checkmark.

Floridian2017
07-24-2018, 07:28 PM
Curious.... can you answer the phone and use the bike speaker system?

Flamewinger
07-24-2018, 09:31 PM
No as this part of the phone/bike is bluetooth and the bike's speaker system doesn't have a mike.