PDA

View Full Version : 600 mile service....HELP!!

irish2themax
06-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I am ready for my scheduled 600 mile service and am scheduled to depart for the USO run in MO on the 10th.

Can't find ANYONE in the area that can do the service before the 16th (is this going to be a recurring problem?). Any suggestions? I was thinking of taking it to my auto mechanic to see if they will do it. It's mainly an oil and filter change right?

bjt
06-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Us early adopters had problems getting our 600 mile service done on time also. There were various reasons for it including a lack of parts (oil filter, crush washers, O-rings). I rode my Spyder for at least a couple of hundred miles past the 600 mile service mileage (with the dealers blessing) and my Spyder still performs without a hitch at 15,000 miles. I would talk to your dealer, explain your situation, and see what he says.

If you wanted to do some of the maintenance yourself, I think the only thing you couldn't do is the BUDS check. Other than that, I think they have it down to just an oil change and a few other mechanical checks (check bolts, nuts, cables, etc.)

MSGTDOC
06-02-2009, 04:09 PM
WHEN I DID MY 600 MILE THEY TOLD ME 2 WEEKS. WHEN I DID GET IT THERE HAD OVER 1700 MILES ON IT. THEY NEVER SAID ANYTHING. YOU SHOULD BE OK

irish2themax
06-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys. My dealer has a strange lash up. They sell Spyders on one side of the house but service them on the Honda side. Two different buildings. When I spoke with the sales side, they said the mech that installed my mods would do it for me. They'll have him call me in the morning.

Good customer service!!

Donk45
06-02-2009, 05:07 PM
There is a place by me Rockville MD, its about 70 miles from you but they could do it no problem. Not an authorized Spyder dealer but it doesnt need to be.

NancysToy
06-02-2009, 07:43 PM
There is a place by me Rockville MD, its about 70 miles from you but they could do it no problem. Not an authorized Spyder dealer but it doesnt need to be.
That is true for oil changes, but for the BUDDS update only a Spyder dealer would have the equipment and software. There are also other special tools, like the one for the 600 mile belt adjustment, although those can usually be worked around.
-Scotty

Donk45
06-02-2009, 08:59 PM
That is true for oil changes, but for the BUDDS update only a Spyder dealer would have the equipment and software. There are also other special tools, like the one for the 600 mile belt adjustment, although those can usually be worked around.
-Scotty
Yeah, the place I took it to could do everything except the computer (BUDDS), ill have them hook it up and checkit when i eventually take it in.