PDA

View Full Version : Birds!

C. Lee
07-19-2018, 06:44 AM
Here is an interesting issue. I have ridden for many years and have not experienced this until my Spyder. I seem to have an unusual number of birds that fly down, right in front of me when I'm on the :spyder2:, Thus far I have hit 2. I'm not sure why this is happening and am open to any suggestions to remedy this situation. Any help would be appreciated. Chris

slick999
07-19-2018, 07:05 AM
Now that you bring this up I have to agree.40 years of riding,3 on the can am I have had more bird contacts or close calls in the last 3 years vs 37 before that.I have had several times when a bird bounced off the windshield.Don't know what the answer is.

Bob Denman
07-19-2018, 07:14 AM
Just wear a helmet, and some eye protection. After you've killed a couple of them with your head: the rest will get the message.
I mention protecting your head and eyes because as the 'last great act of defiance": they'd be happy to knock an eyeball out of your head! :shocked:

(3 Bird-Strikes in 42 years of riding...)

Pirate looks at --
07-19-2018, 08:55 AM
Hey a lot of birds eat spyders! But seriously you have a much larger profile on the Spyder so more apt to have contact! Killed one myself this year it range right into my Fog Light! One of the Ryders with us caught it on video! It was pretty spectacular!

Chupaca
07-19-2018, 08:55 AM
Does make one wonder what they see from an aerial view that would interest them...:dontknow: have had them swoop down as well....

ARtraveler
07-19-2018, 01:18 PM
Interesting, now that you brought up the subject. Have had many "close calls" with birds while riding both two wheels and three. Have only killed one bird--and it was with a :spyder2:.

My favorite though, is still driving through the "swarm" of bees while in Ohio farm country. Jacket unbuttoned (last time I did that) and got many bee stings. Hondamatic 750 that time. :yes:

Bfromla
07-19-2018, 04:22 PM
Borrowed from my attempt at pilot lisence163704 :p

AngryBug
07-19-2018, 06:37 PM
Hey a lot of birds eat spyders!

You might be onto something. Maybe Spyders look like a treat from the sky. Wasn't it Hostess that ran several commercials a while back with vehicles that birds saw as Twinkies, cupcakes, etc.?
:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-19-2018, 06:43 PM
:shocked: I thought that they saw all vehicles as targets for their toilet practices. :banghead: