PDA

View Full Version : How to lower handlebar F3 2018. Thank you for any help.

CarrilloJean
07-18-2018, 08:56 AM
I just bought a 2018 Spyder F3 to exchange my 2012 RS SE5. What a change. I love it. Now the problem is the handbag is to hight. He look like that I just need to unscrew the 4 bolts and lower the handle bar. Is this the right thing to do?
Thank you again for your time.
;)

JP58
07-18-2018, 11:19 AM
Yes. Just loosen enough to move the bars down. Than tighten each bolt a little at a time in a cross patern till all are tight. Had to do that with my new 18 limited.

Bob Denman
07-18-2018, 12:36 PM
:agree: The exact same process that motorcyclists have been using for over 100 years! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
07-18-2018, 12:40 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new F3. :yes::yes:

They got you covered on the question. :bowdown::bowdown:

Peteoz
07-18-2018, 03:23 PM
One thing to note is that there is a slot in the centre of the bar that fits into a nub, that limits the distance you can rotate the bars up and down (a couple of inches each way at the grips) Also make sure you test the bars at full lock before you head out on the road, to make sure the bars/controls don’t snag anything and prevent you making a tight turn.

Pete

Bob Denman
07-18-2018, 06:22 PM
Heck! We used to grind those limiting nubs off of every control pod that we could! nojoke
Just make sure that you keep them REALLY well-tightened down! :D

SpyderAnn01
07-18-2018, 10:17 PM
One thing to note is that there is a slot in the centre of the bar that fits into a nub, that limits the distance you can rotate the bars up and down (a couple of inches each way at the grips) Also make sure you test the bars at full lock before you head out on the road, to make sure the bars/controls don’t snag anything and prevent you making a tight turn.

Pete

Andalso check that tgey don’t scratch the paint on your gas tank.

CarrilloJean
07-19-2018, 08:20 AM
Yes. Just loosen enough to move the bars down. Than tighten each bolt a little at a time in a cross patern till all are tight. Had to do that with my new 18 limited.

I will try this today and keep you update. Thank you again everyone for the help. By the way the F3 2018 compare to the 2012 RS SE5 is day and night :yes:

CarrilloJean
07-25-2018, 09:33 AM
Thank you, I appreciate it

Pete

Flanker
07-25-2018, 04:15 PM
Good advice already---all I'd add is you might wish to consider using blue Loc Tite on the threads of the handlebar clamping bolts. It will definitely keep them from loosening once you've torqued them properly! Good luck!

spyderyderjim
07-25-2018, 04:55 PM
I just bought a 2018 Spyder F3 to exchange my 2012 RS SE5. What a change. I love it. Now the problem is the handbag is to hight. He look like that I just need to unscrew the 4 bolts and lower the handle bar. Is this the right thing to do?
Thank you again for your time.
;)

A Husky 7mm hex socket with extension will break loose the 4 bolts holding F3 handlebars, (Ace Hardware sells the 7mm Hex socket).
note: It takes a lot of strength to break bolts loose, extension bar helps.
Jim

Peteoz
07-25-2018, 10:13 PM
Heck! We used to grind those limiting nubs off of every control pod that we could! nojoke
Just make sure that you keep them REALLY well-tightened down! :D

Hahaha.....yep......but you obviously don’t put 300lbs of pressure on the bars when you are mounting and dismounting, Bob. Even well tightened, my bars bend down if I mount or dismount at the wrong angle. If the nub wasn’t there, my bars would be resting on the tank and I’d have to break out the socket set :shocked:

Pete