PDA

View Full Version : TRICLED Fender

Chasinsparks
07-15-2018, 10:49 AM
Finally got around to replacing the fender reflectors with the TRICLED led fender lights. IMO this is a simple yet very effective safety farkle. Can't have to many lights. TRICLEDs instructions are well written. Completed this install while
drinking coffee in about 1.5 hours if your are in a hurry I believe you could cut that time some.

BernardD
07-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Well done! And it is a good choice.

Bob Denman
07-15-2018, 11:29 AM

FINFAN3DP
08-29-2019, 08:14 AM
Finally got around to replacing the fender reflectors with the TRICLED led fender lights. IMO this is a simple yet very effective safety farkle. Can't have to many lights. TRICLEDs instructions are well written. Completed this install while
drinking coffee in about 1.5 hours if your are in a hurry I believe you could cut that time some.

Do you have any pics of the wiring? I'm torn between this one and the one from Lamonster. Lamonster has the plug and play OEM style harness, and Tricled has the actual reflectors plus lights in them, but i'm worried the Tricled wiring isn't as easy.

Trbayth
08-29-2019, 08:19 AM
I had put them on my ST. The wiring is easy as it just taps into the lights at the front of the fender (assuming you don't want them to blink or anything; I didn't.)

However, the taps resulted in the top of the fender not fitting as well as I would like it to. I took it apart again and soldered the connections right into the BRP wires, along with liquid electrical tape and shrink wrap tubing around the splices. Now the top of the fender fits the way it's supposed to.

Now I just hope Tricled can come up with something for the 2019 models.

FINFAN3DP
08-29-2019, 08:25 AM
I had put them on my ST. The wiring is easy as it just taps into the lights at the front of the fender (assuming you don't want them to blink or anything; I didn't.)

However, the taps resulted in the top of the fender not fitting as well as I would like it to. I took it apart again and soldered the connections right into the BRP wires, along with liquid electrical tape and shrink wrap tubing around the splices. Now the top of the fender fits the way it's supposed to.

Now I just hope Tricled can come up with something for the 2019 models.

Thanks, I think you just made up my mind for me.

donhy
08-29-2019, 08:49 AM
I would opt for turn signal as well it makes a huge difference, i tested riding behind a spyder with and whithout, but at minium just having the led for the fender its a great safety upgrade.

Bfromla
08-29-2019, 09:32 AM
I would opt for turn signal as well it makes a huge difference, i tested riding behind a spyder with and whithout, but at minium just having the led for the fender its a great safety upgrade.

+1 with blinker option find mine quite handy if I fail to cancel & looking like the :cus: for miles down the road with blinker on & not changing lanes, or turning :banghead: also feel they help when I tow my utility trailer & my tail blinkers may be ubstructed :thumbup::coffee:

ARtraveler
08-29-2019, 09:40 AM
Very nice. I am thinking if we keep our current models, both should have some more front lighting. We are starting to go on "dusk" rides, and I like to be seen. :yes:

Chasinsparks
08-29-2019, 08:09 PM
i do not have any pics as this was about a year ago. This install is super easy including the wiring.

Chasinsparks
08-29-2019, 08:11 PM
Really makes a big difference, with the LED bump skid, fender and a arm lights Ray Charles can see me coming down the road.

Bfromla
08-31-2019, 05:30 AM

Mikey
08-31-2019, 05:51 AM
Love the looks of that fender, wish my 2012 had them!!:congrats:

LongIsland
08-31-2019, 08:21 AM
Love the looks of that fender, wish my 2012 had them!!:congrats:

Mikey, you can add lights to your fender as well. You can add LED's to the channel on the fender and change the side and rear fender reflectors to lighted ones. TricLed and Custom Dynamics should sell them.