PDA

View Full Version : How many have you met?

Bfromla
07-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Inspired by another thread about what we like about our:spyder2:
best guess how many other spyders have you had the chance to meet?:dontknow:
No names needed:lecturef_smilie: just general # idea. I had fun on my two wheeler & had a small group from work would ride with. But the Spyder community seemed to just be generally more plesant & I do value meeting everyone with the shared interest :clap:THANK YOU:2thumbs::firstplace:

My estimated guess (actually meet & greet , shaking hands) 130.
:popcorn::bbq::popcorn:

Fatcycledaddy
07-12-2018, 09:59 PM
I would say about 40 or so. But we have only had one for 3 years.

DGoebel
07-12-2018, 10:05 PM
One trip to Spyderfest, Spyder Spin, and Spyder Rendezvous probably put us into the hundreds last year. Shoot I think we met 4 and 2 prospective new Spyder owners) over a recent 10 day trip from MN to FL and back.

Chupaca
07-12-2018, 10:14 PM
Hundreds if you count events... normally rode with about 25-30 before I became an "Inn Keeper" and now ryde solo and occasionally run across one now and again. :clap: they are a special bunch....

canamjhb
07-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Not very many. I have a buddy who rides one and a couple of acquaintances who ride. I met a few last year at Red Rock. But, I mostly ride solo with my wife who rides her Goldwing. (We ARE an unusual couple).

ARtraveler
07-12-2018, 11:22 PM
Have met a lot of SL's through this site. When your here for 8 years, the numbers get pretty big.

Have also met a few in person that have ventured to Alaska.

When we move to AR next year, our plan is to go all over the lower 48, attend rallies, and just meet up with fellow SL's.

That's our plan for now. :yes::yes:

In Alaska--we were the first owners of Spyders. We traveled a lot of the state on our red 09 and silver 08. Wherever we went, people would come up and talk with us about them. Going down the road, people would snap pictures as they drove by. Even got a thumbs up from a State Trooper--who liked our GloRyders. Not so much any more, but people still ask.

cptjam
07-13-2018, 12:12 AM
Boatloads! Double boatloads! We meet lots of cool people everywhere we go. Since we go where the Spyders are, we meet lots of Spyder people! We have total strangers come and introduce themselves. We do what we do for the fellowship. We love to ride, and ride a lot. That enthusiasm, coupled with a modicum of mechanical skills, helps others ride more, and ride safe. Our work pays for our trips. Our trips are to meet more friends, and make new ones! We hope to continue as long as we can, as we do love life!
It just occurred to me; we met every poster above mine!

Pirate looks at --
07-13-2018, 10:04 AM
Boatloads! Double boatloads! We meet lots of cool people everywhere we go. Since we go where the Spyders are, we meet lots of Spyder people! We have total strangers come and introduce themselves. We do what we do for the fellowship. We love to ride, and ride a lot. That enthusiasm, coupled with a modicum of mechanical skills, helps others ride more, and ride safe. Our work pays for our trips. Our trips are to meet more friends, and make new ones! We hope to continue as long as we can, as we do love life!
It just occurred to me; we met every poster above mine!
And this one below you too! In Valcourt! And Nor-Cal Spyder Rally!163485

Bob Denman
07-13-2018, 10:27 AM
Go to one or two of the big meets, and you'll lost track of the numbers! :clap::2thumbs:

sealfloorboards
07-13-2018, 11:14 AM
I've been going to Spyder events since the first Spyder Fest at Cowtown. Can't imagine how many I've met. When I'm on the road and come across another Spyder rider, I've never been met with anything but a Smile and a handshake. Great people!!!
Ride in comfort,
john

Deanna777
07-13-2018, 12:24 PM
I have been to( Spyderfest in 2013, 2014 in Springfield, MO) I shaken a lot of hands(lost count on #'s) of Spyderowners there, and I have been to SpyderQuest ( from 2012 to Present), Lake George, New York .

Every where I go (when on the road with Spyder) I always see spyders owners with a smile or they give me a :thumbup:.

I also have met a lot of spyder owners/members on this site , from spyder events.

Deanna