PDA

View Full Version : Fun at the local dealership today

beka
06-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I brought in my Spyder for normal service today and was lucky enough to be there for my dealership's first BRP Givi bag install. I have the I7 setup, so it was very cool to be able to compare the two. BRP did a fantastic job. The mounts are very clean looking and they weren't kidding about the quick removal. They give you a special tool that unlocks 3 bolts on each side, and the mounts come right off. The mount for the turn signals is a separate piece and stays on the Spyder. The turn signal mounts are slightly higher than the top of the bags, so they are nice and visible, but they look slightly strange with the bags and mounts removed. If BRP made a topcase mount as well, I'd be a bit tempted to switch over.

I had a great time with the other Spyder owner comparing mods. Several employees came over to join us in the comparison. The C.H.A.D. and NMN's risers were a big hit. The other Spyder had the Helibar setup and we could all directly compare. The Helibars were actually quite comfortable, but almost everyone agreed that the adjustability of the NMN risers made it a winner. It wouldn't terribly surprise me if Evan gets a call from them sometime in the near future. They seem to be very open to modding the Spyder.

Al Bragg
06-01-2009, 07:32 PM
By chance did ya get some pictures?:popcorn:

beka
06-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I actually thought about bringing my camera, but decided not to do so at the last minute. My crappy phone camera wouldn't have gotten much detail. The dealer took a few shots so I'll see if I can get a copy.

Al Bragg
06-01-2009, 09:14 PM
darn. But glad you had fun at the dealer.