PDA

View Full Version : COMFORT SEAT

agedbikeman
07-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Since buying my 2014 RT2 years ago, I have never been able to sit comfortably, this seat always hurt my hips and gave me cramp. I heard about the Comfort seat which is what the one I test rode must have had but there was always 620 good reasons why I didn't buy one, until one day Hallelujah, a local dealer had put a used one on ebay, I went to the shop, sat on demo bikes, with and without comfort seats, felt the difference, paid my £200 and went, after fitting it to my bike WOW what a difference, I've been riding a whole week now with no pains, cramps and no Airhawk cushion inflated to the limit.
I now see the difference between the two seats side by side, the comfort seat looks like a motorbike seat, rounded top with less of a dip in the centre, the standard seat is more akin to an upholstered frying pan, your rear end sinks into the dip in the middle, pushing your hips up, no wonder it hurts.

Anyone has problems with the standard RT seat, go get a comfort seat, for me complete cure.:yes:

Is there no end to BRP's rubbish designers. Windshield bracket broke today!!!!!:banghead:

UtahPete
07-08-2018, 06:57 PM
Hey, go easy on your French-Canadian cousins, cousin!

I agree on the comfort seat; got a used one for $150 and couldn't be happier. Ride all day, except for the need for pee breaks and refueling.

I saw your thread on the broken windshield arm; how did that happen? Were you on a rough road or something like that?

agedbikeman
07-09-2018, 01:01 PM
Hey, go easy on your French-Canadian cousins, cousin!

I agree on the comfort seat; got a used one for $150 and couldn't be happier. Ride all day, except for the need for pee breaks and refueling.

I saw your thread on the broken windshield arm; how did that happen? Were you on a rough road or something like that?

Hey! Not my cousins, I'm not French or Canadian, I just live in France, I'm a Brit. but very surprised BRP listened and even replied direct to my post.
Loads of rough roads round here, still shouldn't have happened if it was made well, went to 2 welders with bracket today, both said "can't weld that, it's such poor quality metal", I thought yeah ,just like the rest of the bike.

ARtraveler
07-09-2018, 01:50 PM
:agree: x 2 with your post about the BRP Comfort seat. OEM seats--IMO--have always been mush. This has been my same complaint on all five Spyders owned.

Early on--I went to Corbin for two of the seats. Those--you either love or hate them. I liked them--to the tune of 56K miles over two Spyders.

My current Spyders both have the BRP Comfort seats. They allow for all day rides without the need for auxiliary cushions.

A word about the Air-Hawk. You sit IN it and not ON it. Maximum inflation leads to an uncomfortable ride. You have to play with the air pressures a bit until you get it where you want. :thumbup:

agedbikeman
07-16-2018, 04:07 PM
:agree: x 2 with your post about the BRP Comfort seat. OEM seats--IMO--have always been mush. This has been my same complaint on all five Spyders owned.

Early on--I went to Corbin for two of the seats. Those--you either love or hate them. I liked them--to the tune of 56K miles over two Spyders.

My current Spyders both have the BRP Comfort seats. They allow for all day rides without the need for auxiliary cushions.

A word about the Air-Hawk. You sit IN it and not ON it. Maximum inflation leads to an uncomfortable ride. You have to play with the air pressures a bit until you get it where you want. :thumbup:

Don't need Airhaw now either, been riding 2 weeks with nothing between me and the seat, OEM one couldn't ride for 10 mins:yes: