PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Zumo 590 issues / FM radio question

Retired Army CSM
07-08-2018, 04:22 PM
1) Just bought 2018 Spyder F3L. Tried to use the Garmin Zumo that I purchased and had installed at the dealer, but no luck. Garmin does not power up when bike is turned on.

2) FM Radio - I preset 3 channels on my radio; however, can't figure out how to return to the radio to search for other channels.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much!

Teri Meagher

Easy Rider
07-08-2018, 05:50 PM
1) Just bought 2018 Spyder F3L.

You should be talking to your dealer about both those issues.

If they installed equipment for you, they should be required to MAKE IT WORK, referring to the GPS that is.
I was under the impression that the Garmin GPS units were not compatible with the 2018 systems.
For one thing, the 590 does not have a built-in speaker. So, if it won't connect with the on-board audio system, you have no way to hear it......unless maybe you pair it with bluetooth headsets.

BRP has been notorious for not supplying sufficient instructions in how to operate all the features of their "audio" systems, and that is no different for the '18 it seems; maybe even worse because it's more complicated.

DGoebel
07-08-2018, 05:57 PM
:agree:I'd also have the dealer double check if there aren't some updates for your '18 that address some of the console issues,
There is a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-sC1YYP6EM that may help.
There were several earlier threads about the '18's new console that probably don't address the Garmin either.