PDA

View Full Version : Rider Training Class

Wes P
07-07-2018, 02:06 PM
A little late on this, however I wanted to mention a CAN AM sponsored rider training class my wife and I attended last weekend

My wife asked me about a month ago if there were any training classes she could take on learning to ride the Spyder.

after a quick search I found a group called Total Control that taught the Can AM sanctioned class not to far from us in San Bernardino Ca.

and my wife Marie made her reservation .

When the day came came, Marie asked if I would drive our Spyder 2012 RT to the event. She wanted to do her training on our ride... We were met by two wonderful and experienced staff members and was told that she could use our Spyder for the riding events.

They had F3's & RT late models... After chatting a little small talk with the staff they offered to let me ride in the class if I wished to try out the newer models..
let me say... I like the newer engine and throttle response on the newer Spyders..... Ok... we will leave that topic for another post .

anyway the class room portion was a series of power point slides and discussion... it was not Death by Power Point but a lot of good basic information new riders need and a refresher for experienced riders.

During the ride portions of the class, the staff was always positive and supportive. Taking time with the students to explain or even show what the student needed correction with in their riding style.

At the end of the day, my wife was happy with her new found knowledge and skills of riding the Spyder.....

I can not express my thanks and appreciation for the professionalism and patience of the staff had with all of the students.

The course was well worth the cost $75 and the time was well spent.

Wes

CA Railwhale
07-07-2018, 04:30 PM
A little late on this, however I wanted to mention a CAN AM sponsored rider training class my wife and I attended last weekend

My wife asked me about a month ago if there were any training classes she could take on learning to ride the Spyder.

after a quick search I found a group called Total Control that taught the Can AM sanctioned class not to far from us in San Bernardino Ca.

and my wife Marie made her reservation .

When the day came came, Marie asked if I would drive our Spyder 2012 RT to the event. She wanted to do her training on our ride... We were met by two wonderful and experienced staff members and was told that she could use our Spyder for the riding events.

They had F3's & RT late models... After chatting a little small talk with the staff they offered to let me ride in the class if I wished to try out the newer models..
let me say... I like the newer engine and throttle response on the newer Spyders..... Ok... we will leave that topic for another post .

anyway the class room portion was a series of power point slides and discussion... it was not Death by Power Point but a lot of good basic information new riders need and a refresher for experienced riders.

During the ride portions of the class, the staff was always positive and supportive. Taking time with the students to explain or even show what the student needed correction with in their riding style.

At the end of the day, my wife was happy with her new found knowledge and skills of riding the Spyder.....

I can not express my thanks and appreciation for the professionalism and patience of the staff had with all of the students.

The course was well worth the cost $75 and the time was well spent.

Wes

I took the Arizona Trike class last weekend. I wish I had taken one when I bought my F3. It was informative and despite a year and a half's riding, I learned a lot about my bike. I've never really pushed the bike at low speeds and was astonished at just how poor the grip on the Kendas is. The bike plowed badly on abrupt manoevers and emergency swerves couldn't be made at more than low throttle settings without plowing issues. I enjoyed it except that when we started riding at 6 AM it was pushing a hundred degrees and by the time we finished at around noon it was 110 or more. For a coastal California expat used to seventy to eighty degree temps it was a bit extreme. The class was well worth the price and the people who put it on said that he normal price is over five hundred dollars. Cudos to Can AM.

Handypeople
07-07-2018, 04:34 PM
I had great experience in Tri-cities and my wife and grandson in Spokane. Well worth it, and enjoyable.

Kiry
07-08-2018, 08:06 PM
My honey and I also enjoyed our Can-am class in Seattle. Well worth it. Don't think I would have learned that drifting is actually something you want to do outside of the class. They taught safety > comfort > fun. Well worth it. Felt so comfortable by the end of day 1. Worth the $ by far.