PDA

View Full Version : HOT

canamjhb
07-05-2018, 12:07 AM
A good part of the country is now suffering from excessive heat. We are no exception. Tomorrow the temperature is forecast to be 115 degrees. The low tonight is going to be 92. LOW of 92.....! We haven't seen any measurable rain for 3 and 1/2 months. It's time to have monsoons to cool us down. Not much rain in the forecast though. Wife and I are leaving for our annual Utah, Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon tour in 3 weeks. We will endure until then. It is uncomfortable to be outside doing maintenance checks on the bikes to make sure they are ready. Looking for cooler and hopefully dry weather for our trip. Stay cool out there.....

Joe T.
07-05-2018, 01:33 AM
I spent the last two weeks in Mojave, CA. Several days it was 102F, But the RH was 17%. In the shade, and a little wind (always windy in Mojave), it was MUCH more comfortable than Wichita, KS, at 92F and 50% RH. We live in Wichita.

I miss SoCal. Great weather.

Joe T.

kep-up
07-05-2018, 06:34 AM
77 degrees f and 86 percent humidity in Mountville at 6:00am today.

Arion
07-05-2018, 08:06 AM
Ninety degrees in central Maine yesterday and today, and up here that's "wicked hot!" Roads begin to buckle, lakes begin to boil and moose spontaneously combust! :shocked:

Cavman
07-05-2018, 09:11 AM
I just want lots and lots of rain so I can have water when I turn on the faucet. :banghead:

Denno
07-05-2018, 11:02 AM
A good part of the country is now suffering from excessive heat. We are no exception. Tomorrow the temperature is forecast to be 115 degrees. The low tonight is going to be 92. LOW of 92.....! We haven't seen any measurable rain for 3 and 1/2 months. It's time to have monsoons to cool us down. Not much rain in the forecast though. Wife and I are leaving for our annual Utah, Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon tour in 3 weeks. We will endure until then. Finding it is uncomfortable to be outside doing maintenance checks on the bikes to make sure they are ready. Looking for cooler and hopefully dry weather for our trip. Stay cool out there.....

We live a few miles north of Phoenix and are pretty much in the same heat. Our Nova Scotia trip is coming up in a couple of weeks and I have been doing the same make ready stuff on the Spyder - new rear tire, new brakes, oil change, and adding the vibration damper. We are heading up through Utah (skipping Durango area due to the fires), then into Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan etc, on through to Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, then down through Maine, Pennsylvania etc, finally back to Arizona.
I just remarked to my wife yesterday that I would almost welcome some rain on the trip - not something I usually wish for :yes:
Good luck on your trip.

Kiry
07-05-2018, 11:25 AM
It'll hit 80 today in Seattle. Good time to visit the PacNW! come on out!

canamjhb
07-05-2018, 01:47 PM
It'll hit 80 today in Seattle. Good time to visit the PacNW! come on out!

It doesn't get any better than 80 in Seattle. We will be in the area the end of this month. Staying in Anacortes two nights in order to get our trip to the San Juans in. Then two nights at Port Ludlow to visit sister. From there we will ride down the coast. I avoid the Everett to Olympia corridor like the plague. Looking forward to the trip.....