PDA

View Full Version : bjt...

ataDude
06-01-2009, 10:52 AM
... how's the job look?

zzneonzz
06-01-2009, 11:02 AM
I was just about to send him a PM asking the same thing!!! Hope everything is ok on the job side.

bjt
06-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for your concern guys. As of right now, my workplace is not one of the ones slated for closure. My next concerns are how many electricians the new GM (or the bankruptcy judge or Uncle Sam) thinks they need to run their factories and what they are going to do with all the high seniority people that work at those closing factories. If they decide to let seniority rule corporate wide, there's a good chance that those 30+ year seniority folk will be displacing those of us who have less. :dontknow: Too bad I wasn't just a few years older, then I could get out on the 50 / 10 retirement they are supposed to be offering (50 years old and 10 + years of seniority).

Bottom line for any of us who work for GM now, we're not out of the woods until GM is financially fit again. Who knows how long that will take. Probably the same situation for Chrysler, Ford and auto company suppliers employees. :dontknow:

At least the bankruptcy judge ruled today that GM could still pay their employees. :ohyea:

ataDude
06-01-2009, 06:49 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Smylinacha
06-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Me too - fingers crossed. Well I hope the gubberment knows what they are doing :dontknow:

NancysToy
06-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Me too - fingers crossed. Well I hope the gubberment knows what they are doing :dontknow:
That would be a first.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

MSGTDOC
06-01-2009, 09:13 PM
That would be a first.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

ain't that the truth:gaah:

dltang
06-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Hey, I am just trying to figure out if I should buy GM stock at .75 a share....

bjt
06-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Hey, I am just trying to figure out if I should buy GM stock at .75 a share....

:yikes: I thought I was getting it at a great time when I bought it for $10 a share last year. I was thankful to get out of it at $3 a share earlier this year.

zzneonzz
06-02-2009, 07:42 AM
:yikes: I thought I was getting it at a great time when I bought it for $10 a share last year. I was thankful to get out of it at $3 a share earlier this year.

:yikes: