PDA

View Full Version : windshield movement - side to side

Spydermike
07-04-2018, 08:11 PM
Happy Independence day everyone!

2016 RTL here - first Spyder, only been driving for about 250 miles so far.

I noticed on certain roads the windshield rocks side to side a lot. Or at least more than I thought it would. I tried riding with it in multiple positions (all the way up/down, halfway, 1/4, etc). Nothing made a difference.

After I got back home, I tried moving it by hand and noticed there is a little play going right and left. So my question is, how much "play" is normal?

Since it doesn't happen every time I ride, I don't know if it has to do with the road (which isn't horribly bumpy), or if it actually needs an adjustment?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks

Wrongway
07-04-2018, 08:38 PM
This is my second Spyder RT and both have done it. I don't even notice it any more.
One thing I've read several times is Don't have the windshield all the way up or all the way down. I usually allow about an inch from full up or down.
Not sure if you've read them but on the forum the are Do's and Dont's for new Spyder riders.
Good luck with your Spyder. They're a great concept and once you get used to the handling (which may take a while if you've ridden 2 wheels for years), the spyder is a blast.

Enjoy.

Spydermike
07-04-2018, 08:44 PM
This is my second Spyder RT and both have done it. I don't even notice it any more.
One thing I've read several times is Don't have the windshield all the way up or all the way down. I usually allow about an inch from full up or down.
Not sure if you've read them but on the forum the are Do's and Dont's for new Spyder riders.
Good luck with your Spyder. They're a great concept and once you get used to the handling (which may take a while if you've ridden 2 wheels for years), the spyder is a blast.

Enjoy.

Thank you...yep I read all the do's and don'ts before I actually bought it :thumbup:

Good to know it's normal, I didn't know if it was supposed to move at all during ryding.

Woodaddict
07-04-2018, 08:48 PM
My windshield shakes too going over bumps, actually the whole plastic dash area moves too. Until I needed to add some accessories and had alot of plastic off,then you see it's made to wiggle a little for flexibility

UtahPete
07-04-2018, 11:50 PM
It seems to be normal. That's been my experience anyway.