PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Adventures

Vader
07-03-2018, 12:48 PM
On Wednesday June 27th I dropped off my 2008 GS at Arctic Adventures, in Rosendale NY, on the advice of other SL who had left reviews. I am happy to scream how right they were!!!!
Tom, Karen and Mary Ellen are top notch. They understand what it means to be in business. I was met with warmth and hospitality that I feel is getting rarer and rarer these days. I had informed them that it was no rush, because I would be heading on vacation in about 10 days. Three days later I received a call that it was DONE!!!
I needed the following work done: Rear Tire. Made it to 15,000 miles on the original which I feel is average.
Oil Change, Inspection, Brake system checked and error message cleared, parking brake adjusted.
I will not go into detail about the cost for all of this, because I was very satisfied with the total, it seemed fair and I am sure others have covered this in their reviews. Unfortunatley, Buck, the tech who did the work, was not there, so I could not shake his hand. But the 68 mile ride home was flawless.
Now for the fun stuff. I suffered a TBI in 2001. My short term memory lasts about four days, then the new information is gone. I use note taking as a way to combat this. But, picking up my GS without ever knowing what it was like to ride a Spyder was odd. I have ridden before my accident, but mainly dirt bikes, ATV's and street bikes. But I do remember everything from before the accident. That said, when my wonderful wife and I were about 15 minutes from AA, I realized I had left my riding boots home, lol! Lucky for me, Mary Ellen suggested going to The Dollar Tree down the road and I am now the proud owner of a $13 pair of ugly sneakers. I had a pair of Nike slides on which definatley would have flown off on the NYS Thruway, and which I never would have worn riding either.

Thankfully, I now have a place where I am confident any work being done will be done to the highest standards.
Thanks Arctic Adventures!!

oldguyinTX
07-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Glad you found them, they really are the best. There is a dealer closer to me, but I would rather ride the 90 miles to AA because I know that I will be treated fairly and honestly each and every time. The sad fact is that they are the exception when it comes to dealers rather than the norm. BRP has very little control over their dealers.

ARtraveler
07-03-2018, 01:00 PM
Thank you for the updates. Dealers that perform good service should be noted. :yes::yes:

taxmyzer
07-03-2018, 02:28 PM
Whenever I need service I make the 118 mile ride each way to Artic Adventure. They appreciate every customer no matter what you stop in for. Oh! I forgot to mention the ride up from long island, NY isn't bad either.

Tango
07-03-2018, 02:59 PM
I have been there myself. Great people! :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Vader
07-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Thank you for the updates. Dealers that perform good service should be noted. :yes::yes:

I made sure to leave a review on both Google and Facebook.:thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-03-2018, 05:47 PM
:clap: Glad to hear that they did right by you! :2thumbs:
:congrats:, and Welcome back! :D

oldguyinTX
07-03-2018, 05:58 PM
I made sure to leave a review on both Google and Facebook.:thumbup:

You might want to drop a note to BRP & let them know how much you like Arctic Adventures. brp.care@brp.com If for no other reason than to get them recognition from BRP and showcase them as to what ALL BRP dealers should be like.

Vader
07-03-2018, 07:08 PM
You might want to drop a note to BRP & let them know how much you like Arctic Adventures. brp.care@brp.com If for no other reason than to get them recognition from BRP and showcase them as to what ALL BRP dealers should be like.

Will do!