PDA

View Full Version : The Dodge Demon is back: Sort Of!!

Bob Denman
07-01-2018, 08:14 AM
https://bgr.com/2018/06/29/dodge-challenger-hellcat-redeye-2018-release-date-price/

At least they're saying that the "Redeye" will be much more commonly available! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
07-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Nice. Out of my price range now. :roflblack::roflblack:

jcthorne
07-01-2018, 04:50 PM
I have it on good authority that RAM is bringing out a full size SUV on the truck frame. It will sell in 2 variants. A RAM and a Jeep.

The Jeep will be called the Wagoneer and compete with Escalade and Navigator in the 100k space premium full size SUV.

Now the next part is just me dreaming and connecting dots that may not exist but....Trackhawk version of a Jeep Wagoneer? That would be one hell of an american SUV. Ford and Chevy have NOTHING to compete with it and its all parts bin engineering once the SUV comes to be.

I might not be able to help myself. Have actually thought a couple times about a Trackhawk Cherokee already but its just too small to do real work as a truck.

Bob Denman
07-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Perhaps an old Suburban with a 454 under the hood? :dontknow:
This is a fun time of the year: the new iron is being announced, and we all get to talk about what we'd LIKE to see! :D

jcthorne
07-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Perhaps an old Suburban with a 454 under the hood? :dontknow:
This is a fun time of the year: the new iron is being announced, and we all get to talk about what we'd LIKE to see! :D

For now, my Excursion with a Navistar T444EHT will get me by. 1075lbsft of torque but its moving 8600lbs of heft around. Old school.

Just dreaming about what might be.

On the not so great side, did you know Hyundai is in negotiations to buy FCA? Not sure its really any worse though.

Bob Denman
07-01-2018, 05:51 PM
:shocked: They are?? :banghead:

bmccaffrey
07-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Redeye will be more readily available.

Demon only 3300 were made starting price approx $100 grand for 840 raw hp. Fastest production car made, They were actually made for the track. Had to install roll cage to be nhra certified foe speed and time in 1/4 mile

Bob Denman
07-02-2018, 06:42 AM
I remember the race track story... :clap:
When they ran quarter-mile time of under 9.6 seconds: the NHRA banned them from competition! :yikes:

They were running too fast; to not have a roll-cage! :bowdown:

Talk about letting somebody else write your ad campaign!! :2thumbs:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
07-02-2018, 07:05 AM
price & horsepower of performance and suv's are out of control. i may drive fast but i don't see the need to peel out
or race someone whose penis is smaller then his gas mileage.

Bob Denman
07-02-2018, 07:14 AM
:shocked: Wait a minute: don't you sell tires?? :D

blacklightning
07-02-2018, 08:09 AM
Nice, but for there is a dealership up north that is selling a 800 (at the crank) hp version of the mustang for $40k. They had a 700 hp version for about as long as the new 5.0 has been out. I would like to have one, but my money manager (wife) would not understand.

Bob Denman
07-02-2018, 09:11 AM
I didn't realize that the original "PonyCar"; had developed Clydesdale horsepower!
Tell us more! :clap:

jcthorne
07-02-2018, 09:32 AM
price & horsepower of performance and suv's are out of control. i may drive fast but i don't see the need to peel out
or race someone whose penis is smaller then his gas mileage.

Not to worry, Kia still makes the Sol for folks like you. And I hear that Chevy is putting a 4 cylinder in the full size pickup this year, oh yah!

Some of us like real trucks with cahones under the hood. Not out of control at all. Well there are indeed some drivers that cannot control that level of performance but Darwin usually steps in and takes care of those in short order. I have owned a long line of very fast performance vehicles over the years and enjoyed every one of them. Usually when no one is watching. IE in my case the performance is very personal, not for showing off at all. The styling and badges are enough for that.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
07-02-2018, 09:42 AM
Not to worry, Kia still makes the Sol for folks like you. And I hear that Chevy is putting a 4 cylinder in the full size pickup this year, oh yah!

Some of us like real trucks with cahones under the hood. Not out of control at all. Well there are indeed some drivers that cannot control that level of performance but Darwin usually steps in and takes care of those in short order. I have owned a long line of very fast performance vehicles over the years and enjoyed every one of them. Usually when no one is watching. IE in my case the performance is very personal, not for showing off at all. The styling and badges are enough for that.

i have no problem with speed, but how often do you kick it to 140mph or more? what was wrong the 1969 corvette or a firebird trans am gta in the mid 80's? i would think that 400 hp would be great so what changed that you need 700+ hp. how many here cruise on their :spyder2: at 100mph though i have KICKED IT above that but never cruised and never pushed it all the way.
With gas around $4/gallon for regular & well above for super i am just not into it.

Bob Denman
07-02-2018, 10:05 AM
Al,
Did you ever drive a 1970 Chevelle SS, that had over 500 horsepower under your right foot?
I have: it ain't pretty! :shocked:
The new breed of horsepower can actually turn: in addition to going straight ahead! :bowdown:

Dmetcalf
07-02-2018, 10:07 AM
Al,
Did you ever drive a 1970 Chevelle SS, that had over 500 horsepower under your right foot?
I have: it ain't pretty! :shocked:
The new breed of horsepower can actually turn: in addition to going straight ahead! :bowdown:

Yeah but I sure wish I had a 70 Chevelle SS..!!

Bob Denman
07-02-2018, 10:09 AM
:D Me to0...
It was a friend's car. He took an SS 396, and had it professionally built to just about 530 horsepower... :bowdown:
But it handled like a 300 pound hooker in a featherbed! :yikes: :banghead:

Dmetcalf
07-02-2018, 10:17 AM
It was a friend's car. He took an SS 396, and had it professionally built to just about 530 horsepower... :bowdown:

ill bet your friend wishes he still had that car as well ..!!

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
07-02-2018, 10:30 AM
3 weeks ago @ obi someone took their 1960's gto and put it in the guard rail on the robert moses causeway bridge, last year we had a 2017 vette that peeled out when leaving and went into the guard rail on ocean pkwy. didn't effect my insurance so i am ok with it.
i suppose it's like the guy with the rice rocket who is being scraped up off the road on i95 every week or the harley guy
who actually believes loud pipes save lives, not helmets & jackets.
if i wanted to race i would probably go to one of the track events or places that rent the car & track and let you open up.

Bob Denman
07-02-2018, 10:44 AM
ill bet your friend wishes he still had that car as well ..!!
Oh... he still does! I got to drive it last Summer! :yes:

Bob Denman
07-02-2018, 10:46 AM
3 weeks ago @ obi someone took their 1960's gto and put it in the guard rail on the robert moses causeway bridge, last year we had a 2017 vette that peeled out when leaving and went into the guard rail on ocean pkwy. didn't effect my insurance so i am ok with it.
p.
Don't think for even a split second that it doesn't affect your rates: it absolutely does! nojoke

WA5VHU
07-02-2018, 03:41 PM

Back then when I was much younger I worked part-time at White's Auto and we had put new tires on a guy's SS and they had me deliver it to his house about 10 miles away. I had never driven anything larger than our family car, a Dodge 440 with the stock 318 engine. Anyway, this SS had way too much torque and was stupid fast and the speed limit on the road was only 45 with quite a few stop lights. I wound up keeping my foot off the gas, just letting the clutch out and running through the gears until I got to about 45 mph. All at idle! Too many cops in this town and I didn't want to put this guy's car into a guard rail...

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
07-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Don't think for even a split second that it doesn't affect your rates: it absolutely does! nojoke

OK, so if it does affect me then i don't want you doing it unless you pay me.

jcthorne
07-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Nice, but for there is a dealership up north that is selling a 800 (at the crank) hp version of the mustang for $40k. They had a 700 hp version for about as long as the new 5.0 has been out. I would like to have one, but my money manager (wife) would not understand.

Its a bolt on Roush supercharger kit installed by the dealer. First, they have already been sued by several purchasers that dynoed WELL below the advertised HP, its not even close. Second, the car has zero Ford warranty. I will not touch an aftermarket conversion again. Ford really needs to get its collective act together and build a performance engine. That over boosted V6 is not cutting it.

The ecoboost 3.5 in my wife's explorer is 'adequate' but nothing exciting. In an Expedition, well, its lack luster at best. The Raptor version is not much better when placed in the Navigator. Ford NEEDS a decent twin turbo V8. Both for performance and for the larger trucks.

blacklightning
07-03-2018, 08:51 AM
Its a bolt on Roush supercharger kit installed by the dealer. First, they have already been sued by several purchasers that dynoed WELL below the advertised HP, its not even close. Second, the car has zero Ford warranty. I will not touch an aftermarket conversion again. Ford really needs to get its collective act together and build a performance engine. That over boosted V6 is not cutting it.

The ecoboost 3.5 in my wife's explorer is 'adequate' but nothing exciting. In an Expedition, well, its lack luster at best. The Raptor version is not much better when placed in the Navigator. Ford NEEDS a decent twin turbo V8. Both for performance and for the larger trucks.
That is good to know. For me, I am just considering picking up a nice, slightly used 5.0 and doing a S/C and a few other upgrades. Not looking to get crazy horsepower, just somewhere in the 600 rwhp range. That is easily doable with the new 5.0. I miss my 03 terminator vert, and wish I had it back. It was not the most powerful car, but fun to drive. And a little over 430 rwhp was nothing to laugh at.
As for ford being sued for not producing the advertised hp, I had a friend that sued Saleen for not producing the hp they advertised on their Saleen Extreme back in the 2000 years (not sure which year). He even gave into account the drivetrain loss, and it was still way off. He owned a few, along with a Ford GT.163164

jwulf74
07-03-2018, 01:59 PM
I had on 05 GTO that was a lot of fun...but the wife wasn't fond of it...

My current CTS-V rides a lot nicer and is plenty fast. Tons of fun when the kiddies with the hoped up import 4 bangers, or mustangs, camaros, lower end vettes... think they are all that. :ohyea: (we need a little smiley with devil horns... :) )

stmike 1800
07-03-2018, 04:01 PM
I guy i know very well just traded in two Hell Cats on a Demon . Must be nice .

Bob Denman
07-03-2018, 05:00 PM
See if he'll let you drive it.,., :thumbup: