PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE! New Email Scam

RinconRyder
06-30-2018, 03:57 PM
You get an email from someone you know. They tell you they are traveling in a foreign country (mine said Japan) and will return in about one week. They ask if you can purchase an iTunes Card for them and they will pay you back when they return.

Examine the return email address. It may look almost identical to your real contact but there will be a subtle difference (mine used a "Hotmail" domain instead of the correct "ATT" domain). There might also be some very small grammatical errors in the message text (ex: 'state' instead of 'states').

DO NOT REPLY! Simply delete the email.

Saluda
06-30-2018, 04:56 PM
Seems like it never stops.

Bob Denman
06-30-2018, 05:24 PM
:shocked: What the Hell is an iTunes card? :dontknow:

Although I DID get an email from my Doctor a couple of years ago... It seems that she was in an accident in London, and needed some money/
So IO called her at home, and asked her how much she needed! :roflblack:
Needless to say: she was upset about her email being used like this; but glad that I let her know... :thumbup:

ARtraveler
06-30-2018, 07:30 PM
Bob covered the other one I was going to mention. :bowdown::bowdown:

wd8ajj
06-30-2018, 08:39 PM
Had a friend that lost his passport in Nigeria! Needed 1500 to get a new one. Called him at home and asked how his trip was. we had a good laugh.

Chupaca
06-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Two days ago I got an e-mail from Apple, very official looking, thanking me for the purchase of an apple computer worth $1949.00. Showed the bill number pictures etc. At the bottom was a button saying "press to cancel" Beware...do not...I called apple fraud division and they explained this is going around and if you open it they will ask you to verify all your data and steal your identity...:banghead: