PDA

View Full Version : North East Weather

Deanna777
06-30-2018, 12:55 PM
The North East is in a Heat Wave( Weather) as of today( 6/30/2018) thru middle of next week.

If any North East Spyder Owners are riding this week-end, stay "Hydrated", take breaks, when on the road.

Be Safe out there!

Have a safe 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!

Deanna

ARtraveler
06-30-2018, 01:56 PM
Was looking at the map for the whole Eastern US. Looks like you folks are in for a major heat wave.

We are going to get one too--starting Monday--it will be low 70's for the next week. So far, one 70 degree day all year. :yes:

Deanna777
06-30-2018, 03:02 PM
Tomorrow ( Sunday) the temps in near 100 degrees, my significant other( vtrider) are not riding the spyders, due to the heat wave.

We are staying hydrated.
Deanna

trikermutha
06-30-2018, 03:16 PM
It was 102 Deg on the Spyder driving home from work yesterday :yikes:

Today is no bargain either. 95 and muggy

canamjhb
06-30-2018, 04:18 PM
If you are going to ride in warm weather (100) or hot weather (110), hydrate well BEFORE riding. If you wait until you get on the bike, you'll probably never catch up. Then continue drinking lots of liquids and take cooling breaks often. If you start to feel ANY effects from the heat, get out of it quickly and cool down. Don't try to tough it out. Very dangerous. Stay safe. End of sermon.

Bob Denman
06-30-2018, 05:21 PM
Bah... it only got to 93 here today... :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
I KNEW that I always had a good reason to drink more beer! :thumbup:

bmccaffrey
06-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Not going to bitch.
It stays to cold here for to long:shocked:

Deanna777
06-30-2018, 07:41 PM
Not going to bitch.
It stays to cold here for to long:shocked:I am not going to :cus: either.

I agree and the (White Gold.... Snow) will be here, and we( my significant other, vtrider) will be on the sleds again. We hope to be able to ride the spyders longer, because we had a very loooooooooooooooooong winter last/and this year.

We won't get a break from the heat wave until Thursday :gaah:.

Deanna

Deanna777
06-30-2018, 07:43 PM
Bah... it only got to 93 here today... :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
I KNEW that I always had a good reason to drink more beer! :thumbup:We had 83 here today. The heat wave is here!!!!

Before you know it the "White Gold" will be here.

Deanna

canamjhb
06-30-2018, 09:12 PM
A bit of a cool down here today. We only got to 103. Tomorrows high is supposed to be 102. Time to get the bike out for a spin in the morning. By mid next week, we are back to 110+ and I don't ride when it's that hot. After some time we do get used to riding in hotter weather but I don't think I will ever be comfortable at any temperature above 105. Here in the summertime, everyone drinks all day. (NO not THAT kind of drinking). I don't even go to the grocery store without taking a cup of ice water with me.

Chupaca
06-30-2018, 11:23 PM
Dont you just wish you could add your summer and winter and devide by two...:pray: you'd have some nice ryding weather....all year

canamjhb
06-30-2018, 11:46 PM
Dont you just wish you could add your summer and winter and devide by two...:pray: you'd have some nice ryding weather....all year

That would be terrific. Then we'd be just about like San Diego. I AM envious......

BTW I did live in San Diego for a few months. It was at MCRD and the weather was not on my mind.....

Bob Denman
07-01-2018, 07:26 AM
If you want to believe the Meteorologists: it should hit 96 here: both today and tomorrow! :shocked:
I'm not complaining: I's have killed for a couple of days like this during our interminable Winter!

(White Gold...My ASS!)

jcthorne
07-01-2018, 08:23 AM
47 deg this morning in Durango....:doorag:

Headed to a sweltering 87 later this afternoon.

exwinger
07-01-2018, 09:53 AM
My buddy and myself spent a week around Lamont's old stomping grounds.Rode down ( 500 miles ) the first day in 95+ heat.Lots of breaks for shade and water but the best part was riding along the French Broad river. Told my buddy the river looked refreshing and bet it would feel good to soak our feet in it . About a mile down the road he asked if I was serious and I said yes. The next place we could access the river we stopped and like two little kids ( we're old farts ) we took off our shoes and socks , rolled up our pants and waded around the river for about 30 minutes. Once back on the road it didn't take long for feet to warm back up but for awhile it felt good.:clap:

Deanna777
07-01-2018, 12:24 PM
If you want to believe the Meteorologists: it should hit 96 here: both today and tomorrow! :shocked:
I'm not complaining: I's have killed for a couple of days like this during our interminable Winter!

(White Gold...My ASS!)Today & Tomorrow is the worst.
I'm not complaining. We did have a day in the 70's during the interminable winter. Then we got a snow storm after.

Deanna

Deanna777
07-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Dont you just wish you could add your summer and winter and devide by two...:pray: you'd have some nice ryding weather....all year:agree: and I am not complaining.

Deanna

Bob Denman
07-01-2018, 05:19 PM
We did manage to hit 96 degrees at just about 4:00 pm. :shocked:
Now it has dropped back to a nice & cool 95... :cheers:
With more of the same forecast for tomorrow!

Joel The Biker
07-01-2018, 06:06 PM
My backyard weather station is reporting a high of 102 today. 96 degrees now at 7pm. Glad I bought an air conditioner the other day. Didnt even go outside today. Spent the day in my basement, rewiring the house. Getting rid of some sketchy wiring and some old fabric covered wiring. So far I haven't been electrocuted or burned down the house. It is kinda scary sticking my hand in the breaker box though. Even with the main breaker off!

bmccaffrey
07-01-2018, 06:34 PM
This will be my last white full winter here.

Heading south for winters no snow shovel:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Bob Denman
07-02-2018, 06:39 AM
There's an easy way to figure out when you've travelled far enough South:
Tie a snow shovel to the front of your vehicle.
When somebody stops you, and asks you what it is: buy a house! :thumbup:

Deanna777
07-02-2018, 10:21 AM
My backyard weather station is reporting a high of 102 today. 96 degrees now at 7pm. Glad I bought an air conditioner the other day. Didnt even go outside today. Spent the day in my basement, rewiring the house. Getting rid of some sketchy wiring and some old fabric covered wiring. So far I haven't been electrocuted or burned down the house. It is kinda scary sticking my hand in the breaker box though. Even with the main breaker off!Today we have a heat advisory until 10:00 pm tonight. We wont get relief from the "heat wave" until Thursday. Stay hydrated, water, etc.
Deanna

Bob Denman
07-02-2018, 12:56 PM
We don't have a heat advisory here: we've got HEAT! :shocked:
98 degrees worth of it... :banghead:

But I'm not complaining! Our Winter was far too long and cold; for me to complain about the heat... nojoke

Deanna777
07-02-2018, 06:40 PM
We don't have a heat advisory here: we've got HEAT! :shocked:
98 degrees worth of it... :banghead:

But I'm not complaining! Our Winter was far too long and cold; for me to complain about the heat... nojoke:agree: I'm not complaining about the HEAT! Yes, the winter was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long. I took my spyder out of hibernation on April 21st. It was 3 weeks later than usual. So I hope I can ride longer in the fall, maybe I until Dec. :roflblack::roflblack:

Deanna

Bob Denman
07-03-2018, 06:37 AM
:shocked: I think that Winter is already on it's way: it's only supposed to reach 88 degrees today! :yikes:

Dmetcalf
07-03-2018, 10:31 AM
It’s supposed to hit 102 here today. Dry as a bone too.

Deanna777
03-20-2019, 03:19 PM
HI All,

Starting on Thursday night we are getting a "Winter Storm". We have a winter storm warning out from Thursday to Friday night, in the higher elevations 6- 10 inches of snow.

I feel like winter is never going to end! :yikes: :gaah:

Deanna

Saluda
03-21-2019, 05:38 AM
Still haven't put the sleds away !

Deanna777
03-21-2019, 11:05 AM
Still haven't put the sleds away !No we haven't put the sleds yet! But we are going riding on them this weekend, in the Island Pond, Vt ( near the Canadian Boarder), that is a 1 of many hubs in the State ( the other 2 other hubs are: Groton, VT. and the other hub is in Southern part of VT. near the Mass boarder).

Deanna

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-21-2019, 11:44 AM
Latest weather word is ….. As much as 32 inches on the Mtn tops :clap::clap:...…………….. Mike :ohyea:

ARtraveler
03-21-2019, 01:13 PM
We are supposed to have our first 50 degree (above) day of the spring on Friday. The melt is happening on my road. Will the driveway melt too? :bbq: