PDA

View Full Version : Delaer Kudos

Fire34
06-28-2018, 05:11 PM
After reading numerous threads on the air compressors etc. for the RTL. While at the dealer for the third brake light and arm rests, I had the tech test the air system. He came back with no leaks found and the compressor not putting out any air. On the invoice he had over 350 buck for the compressor and labor.
After we went for a ride awhile later we stopped by the dealer and spoke to the owner, we showed him the quote and he told us that he would see what he could do.
Called him back today and told him I could get a lot better compressor than the one BRP uses for a lot less. I am getting the Viari 97c which many of you have recommended I also mentioned that the tech said there were no leaks and I told him that there are as I have manually aired the bag up and in a couple of hours it is empty. The owner told me that he would pay for the compressor AND the labor.
The owner said that this issue should have been found when the bike was traded in, and customer satisfaction is No, 1 for him.
For those of us in Illinois this dealer is DOCKSIDE Marine in Wilmington IL. Please don't hesitate to give Terry and Chris your business

Buckeye Bleau
06-28-2018, 05:17 PM
As a point of interest, if your compressor is NOT working, and you Ryde the Spyder, before too long your air bag will be empty. The reason is that is is a stabilization component, sometimes it calls for air in and sometimes air out, no compressor, no air in.

I rode out to Missouri without the compressor and I seemed to get about 5 miles per pound. I know that because I filled the bag up at each fuel stop!

Joe