PDA

View Full Version : O-Ring sizes required for Oil change

NERider
06-20-2018, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know the size and materials of the O-Rings required to replace during an oil change?

These are the one included in the Oil Change Kit:

Color

Red
Black
Green
Red
Red
Copper
Aluminum

SpyderAnn01
06-20-2018, 08:13 PM
I don’t know the sizes but I do know that you can buy them from BajaRon for a good price. He sells the filters and oil, one-stop shopping.

PMK
06-20-2018, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know the size and materials of the O-Rings required to replace during an oil change?

These are the one included in the Oil Change Kit:

Color

Red
Black
Green
Red
Red
Copper
Aluminum

I have an upcoming oil change. Saved a set of previous O rings and crush washers to determine sizes and materials. Getting them all in plain old Buna N will work, but I would be very cautious of causing issues with the cap and filter housing, even the stem since the parts are plastic.

Sorry, I have not sized them yet. Great idea and way to save money compared to the dealer. I’ll probably get 5 sets for the cost of one set from the dealer.

Still plan to run oem filters though.

Highwayman2013
06-20-2018, 09:20 PM
I have an upcoming oil change. Saved a set of previous O rings and crush washers to determine sizes and materials. Getting them all in plain old Buna N will work, but I would be very cautious of causing issues with the cap and filter housing, even the stem since the parts are plastic.

Sorry, I have not sized them yet. Great idea and way to save money compared to the dealer. I’ll probably get 5 sets for the cost of one set from the dealer.

Still plan to run oem filters though.
If you buy the oem filter it should come with o rings. I get oil, filters and o rings from Bajaron.

PMK
06-20-2018, 09:23 PM
If you buy the oem filter it should come with o rings. I get oil, filters and o rings from Bajaron.

Actually, the only time most of the stuff was there was in an oil change kit.

You buy the filter, you get a filter.