PDA

View Full Version : New spyder owner couple comments.

Bigv
06-18-2018, 08:51 AM
Hello everyone

just bought a 2017 spyder rt. White. We have put 250 miles on it with wife sitting on back, and we love it. I’ve owned 20+ bikes, and I can say this thing rocks. Just sold my 17 ultra classic, and this thing blows it away. Still have not decided to sell the vrod muscle. Might keep it for short runs. Wife always rode her own bike but says she ready to only be passenger.

I did try to order the highway bracket from lamonster, but web site would not let me add to cart. I really need highway pegs because of bad knees from airborne days. I called them and left message. You guys seem to like their products.

I want to say I learned a lot from this website. I knew more than the terrible dealer. I have to say it was the worst buying experience I have ever had. Just glad I love the Spyder. This year at sturgis we will be on the spyder.

Just felt like telling about about my first two days.

Blue Star
06-18-2018, 08:56 AM
Hello everyone

just bought a 2017 spyder rt. White. We have put 250 miles on it with wife sitting on back, and we love it. I’ve owned 20+ bikes, and I can say this thing rocks. Just sold my 17 ultra classic, and this thing blows it away. Still have not decided to sell the vrod muscle. Might keep it for short runs. Wife always rode her own bike but says she ready to only be passenger.

I did try to order the highway bracket from lamonster, but web site would not let me add to cart. I really need highway pegs because of bad knees from airborne days. I called them and left message. You guys seem to like their products.

I want to say I learned a lot from this website. I knew more than the terrible dealer. I have to say it was the worst buying experience I have ever had. Just glad I love the Spyder. This year at sturgis we will be on the spyder.

Congratulations on the RT, and glad you did your homework about the Spyder. Shame that the people selling these machines know so little, and hope the service department know more.

Chupaca
06-18-2018, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the spyder world and this awesome site. Great choice..:2thumbs: sorry about the dealer but they are hard to find especially if they are multi dealers as the spyder is not their money maker yet. Some drive hundreds of miles but you will find one I'm sure. Glad you joined us here ....:thumbup:

NDrider
06-18-2018, 09:08 AM
Welcome to the family. I also just went to a spyder F3. My wife had a 2015 RT and loved it she just traded for a 2018 RT. This site is by far the BEST place to go for research and advice. Maybe we will run into you guys at Sturgis we live close so I normally go for a day or two every year. We are going to a spyder rally in Wisconsin about that time I well have to take a closer look at dates lol.

d.o.spyder-rts
06-18-2018, 11:58 PM
:congrats:on your spyder purchase and :welcome:to the spyder web. Dale

sandeejs
06-19-2018, 12:06 AM
Congrats on purchase. The Spyder takes a bit of getting used to, and then it's WONDERFUL!!
Enjoy!
:yes:
~Sandee~

youngers
06-19-2018, 03:23 AM
glad you love the spyder , it isn`t hard to do really , these cycles just float along the highways ...

ChicoFowler
06-19-2018, 07:01 AM
Hello everyone

Welcome to the Spyder world.....it's a nice place to be. Where you at in Iowa? We have a Spyder club on the western side if your interested. We have members from the Des Moines area. PM me or email: zagan@cox.net

ARtraveler
06-19-2018, 11:39 AM
:welcome:

and :congrats: on your new ryde.

Dmetcalf
06-19-2018, 02:44 PM
Glad to hear about your purchase..! These machines are unique and very stable to ride. They also have quite a bit of power with low end torque too ..! Welcome to the forum and have fun..!

Bigv
06-19-2018, 08:00 PM
I let the wife give me a ride and I really like the back seat. It’s the bomb. Wife is so excited about going on rides now that she doesn’t have to do anything. She seems to be constantly smiling. I can’t wait for my new highway mounts and pegs to arrive.