PDA

View Full Version : Best shop for RT service in metro DC area

mhoecker
06-16-2018, 01:50 PM
I am planning on buying an RTL soon and would like to know where most folks go for service. I had a 2012 RTL and bought from CPS in W’bridge. I had some service there but also in Fredericksburg and Hanover,PA. Has CPS improved on their level of service in the last 3 yrs or so? Not trying to bad mouth anybody, just wondering if I’ll be needing to drive to Hanover again. TIA!

Madonna
Springfield, VA

SpyderConvert
06-17-2018, 09:16 AM
I've been to 3 dealerships so far and Motosports in Hanover is the BEST! And with an hourly rate of $80, you can't go wrong. They are honest AND competent. Their service manager (Ryan) is top-notch!

mhoecker
06-19-2018, 12:38 PM
Any chance someone here has dealt with Motomember in Leesburg? Thinking about buying from them as their price seems reasonable but am wondering about after sale service. Any help appreciated!

Chasinsparks
06-19-2018, 02:01 PM
IMHO this is a place to avoid PM for more details.

Any chance someone here has dealt with Motomember in Leesburg? Thinking about buying from them as their price seems reasonable but am wondering about after sale service. Any help appreciated!

mhoecker
06-23-2018, 04:31 AM
IMHO this is a place to avoid PM for more details.

Thank you for sharing your experience. As a result, I have a brand new 2018 RT LTD sitting outside I bought for less (OTD) than a used 2017 (demo).

SpyderConvert
06-23-2018, 07:58 AM
So, where did you finally buy your Spyder?

mhoecker
06-23-2018, 12:33 PM
So, where did you finally buy your Spyder?

We drove up to Hanover PA and bought a RT Limited. I also bought a trailer and they had it all set up and ready for us. Glad we had the trailer because the weather and traffic were awful!

Great buying experience and Tim did a fantastic job of going over Can Am Connect. Very advanced interface. I’ll have to practice a bit. :)

SpyderConvert
06-24-2018, 06:55 AM
I thought that you would like them. Glad that it all worked out for you.

YIRYDE
06-26-2018, 03:49 PM

Stick with Hanover for service, which is where I go. I have also heard unpleasant stories about Motomember's service. I went out there shortly after they opened and noticed three RT assembled wrong. I don't know if it has improved since then but I will continue to go to Hanover.

Dawntreader2
02-04-2019, 06:03 PM
For those who bought in Hanover, was it significant enough savings w/tax title license to balance out the drive?

SpyderConvert
02-05-2019, 08:47 AM
If you live out of state, you will not have to pay for tax, title and license until you register the vehicle in Virginia. I bought my RT in Pennsylvania and live in Maryland.

Dawntreader2
02-07-2019, 08:01 PM
Thanks. I will have to visit when we warm up.