PDA

View Full Version : Squared Away to Deadwood!!

cptjam
06-11-2018, 11:13 AM
Heading to Deadwood, SD 11-14 July. We love riding in that area! Going a day early to see more sights. Hope to see more friends there!

RapidSpyder
06-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Looking forward to it!

Chupaca
06-11-2018, 03:39 PM
Lettiing folks know your going a day early is going to hamper your sightseeing....:roflblack: have a great and productive time :thumbup: but do get in some free time..:lecturef_smilie:

IGETAROUND
06-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Next year for sure Joe

cptjam
06-18-2018, 03:57 PM
If you need something, please let us know soon! We have limited room, and try to ship products to the hotel. Looking forward to seeing that area again!

pegasus1300
06-19-2018, 05:57 PM
I'll see you there. Going for the first time tho I have been to Black Hill many times. Will you bring a set of the new 4 sided leds for a 2012 RTL?

cptjam
07-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Got a set loaded for you! A week to go! We are looking forward to seeing everyone! Love the cool weather, too!

cyclekid58
07-02-2018, 08:19 AM
Loved seeing you guys in Pateros and Getting the new Led Headlights and foglights. Won't be in deadwood this year with the cancer treatments going on but we are going to be there next year for sure! Have a good time! Patti loves the alignment on her bike, no more sore shoulders! :bowdown:

cptjam
07-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Bikes are loaded and ready to roll, leaving in about an hour. Several stops along the way, but will be there Monday night. Set up Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

pegasus1300
07-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Loved seeing you guys in Pateros and Getting the new Led Headlights and foglights. Won't be in deadwood this year with the cancer treatments going on but we are going to be there next year for sure! Have a good time! Patti loves the alignment on her bike, no more sore shoulders! :bowdown:

I hope the treatments are going well and doing there job. Good luch from a 3 time survivor.

cptjam
07-07-2018, 10:23 PM
A bit of rain early, but clear, hot and dry the rest of the way. Met up with two more people on Spyders headed our way! After a nice dinner and a hot tub, ready to turn in. Hope to see more on the road tomorrow!

cptjam
07-08-2018, 09:35 PM
Cody for the night. Beartooth pass was awesome! Plenty of snow still there!! Cool! Should be in early. Shooting for before supper. One idiot tried to kill us, so Ann chased him down and chewed him out. Claimed he had a blind spot! Otherwise, pretty calm. Typical 500 plus miles day. No worries, no pain, no aches. Some of our companions are not quite dialed in, and are sore. With a proper set up, a walk in the park!!

DGoebel
07-08-2018, 09:48 PM
So Tomorrow should be your easy day eh, Cody to Dwood. Hope you get some free time to check out DT on the way, or all around Custer SP, the pigtails, needles all that beautiful riding area. And have a good weekend throughout. Save travels, keep watchin for those distracted cagers.

SpyderAnn01
07-08-2018, 10:01 PM
We rode through Yellowstone and Beartooth Pass today. Beautiful country we live in

RapidSpyder
07-08-2018, 10:17 PM
Black Hills are greener then they've been in a long time. We are way above average for rain, and this is the first real hot week that we have had. I think Tuesday is supposed to be the warmest. One thing about the Hills is that it is cooler, it was 95 when we left Rapid and only in the lower 80's when we got to Lead.

cyclekid58
07-09-2018, 08:20 AM
Cody for the night. Beartooth pass was awesome! Plenty of snow still there!! Cool! Should be in early. Shooting for before supper. One idiot tried to kill us, so Ann chased him down and chewed him out. Claimed he had a blind spot! Otherwise, pretty calm. Typical 500 plus miles day. No worries, no pain, no aches. Some of our companions are not quite dialed in, and are sore. With a proper set up, a walk in the park!!

So what would be proper setup.

wilpir
07-09-2018, 08:55 PM
What is the cost of an alignment? Thanx

cptjam
07-10-2018, 01:13 AM
We charge $130, and include a BUDS reset.
On a proper set up, one size does not fit all! Make the feet, seat, and hands comfortable, and long rides are painless! Start with the saddle. Regular, comfort, aftermarket, custom. Once that is good, sit and close your eyes. Reach out in a natural way, and then freeze. If your hands are not on the grips, move the bars till they do. Tri axis, or custom, Short reach, or risers. Once those two are good, refine. Bigger grips, softer grips, harder, your choice. Then the feet. Pegs, boards, extended boards, highway pegs, custom. Lastly, wind protection. Lots of choices. Normally, the top should be even with the tip of your nose. Since everyone is different, play around with different stuff. Saddletime is the proof. More is better!

cptjam
07-10-2018, 01:34 AM
Got in before 5. Like old home week! Saw at least 50 people, that I know! Went to dinner with 10 of them. Have at least 5 Jobs tomorrow, and we are not unpacked yet! Several more need to talk; got cornered in the elevator about a job! Should be a fun and busy rally! Stop by and say hi! Look for our banner. Beautiful place! Joe

RapidSpyder
07-10-2018, 06:50 AM
Welcome to Deadwood! Might have to reserve an alignment myself.

cptjam
07-13-2018, 11:42 PM
Met some great folks! Such a good time!! Don’t miss this next year!

almosthere
07-14-2018, 05:26 AM
Do they use host hotels? Do they have camping near by? How early do they set dates for next year?
Deb and I will be there next year for 1st time.

cyclekid58
07-14-2018, 07:15 AM
Met some great folks! Such a good time!! Don’t miss this next year!

Joe we will be there next year, as you know this years activities got beat by medical so we weren't able to go. However we will get through this and come next year! The black hills are awsum and so much we didn't get to see that we are actually going to be there a few days early before the rally to accomplish this. If you go to winthrop in June next year we will see you there as well.

pegasus1300
07-14-2018, 11:15 PM
Yes they do use host hotels,yes they do have camping near by and yes the dates are set for next year. July 9 thru 14 if my memory is right. Go to d3wr.com? The rally doubled in size from last year. Lots of fun,pictures to follow.