PDA

View Full Version : Trailering the F3

Pat Clark
06-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Looking for unconventional tie down solutions. Just bought a 2010 Coachman toyhauler. The only way I can install tie downs directly in front of the front wheels is to remove the trailer water tank. That isn't going to happen.
One thought I had with the existing tie downs is to secure the bike fore and aft through the rear tire and wheel and chock the dickens out of all three tired.
Looking for thoughts and serious opinions.
Thanks Pat

billybovine
06-10-2018, 05:44 PM
This may work for you. Put some E Track on or in the floor. Then use a atv chock and strap kit attached to the E Track.

billybovine
06-10-2018, 08:45 PM
This is what I am thinking.

Since this is for a toy hauler and the E Track would be uncomfortable to walk on. Build up the rest of the floor the same thickness as the E Track. 2 tracks the same length as the Spyder. 2 chocks and straps for the front wheels. 2 straps and E Track eyelets to stop the rear from moving sideways.

Pat Clark
06-11-2018, 04:03 AM

Since this is for a toy hauler and the E Track would be uncomfortable to walk on. Build up the rest of the floor the same thickness as the E Track. 2 tracks the same length as the Spyder. 2 chocks and straps for the front wheels. 2 straps and E Track eyelets to stop the rear from moving sideways.

Hadn't thought about E track. I could maybe get away with screwing it to the floor vice through bolting it. Hmmmm Thanks

No 2817
06-11-2018, 04:57 AM

I used this on my Trailer without the wheel chocks.

Chris

pauly1
06-11-2018, 09:09 AM
You don't need e-track if you only haul one bike in the same location. E- track is about flexibility in load management. We use a single chock for the back wheel, tied down and toward the chock with two straps. Back the rear wheel against the chock and strap it down.

Somewhere I've got photos just not in my phone.

Wayne