PDA

View Full Version : Belt tension in HZ

eddieshep999
06-05-2018, 03:09 PM
A friend has tried to find an answer to the following question

Hi Eddie.. do you know
Have you ever read anything about the Gates Carbon Drive App that measures the frequency of drive belt tension.. I have seen it somewhere on US site .. looks interesting.. I have loaded the app and it does measure in HZ .. need the frequency for the RT?..

I don’t know the answer but someone maybe able to assist him

Thanks

Jetfixer
06-05-2018, 04:16 PM
A friend has tried to find an answer to the following question

Hi Eddie.. do you know
Have you ever read anything about the Gates Carbon Drive App that measures the frequency of drive belt tension.. I have seen it somewhere on US site .. looks interesting.. I have loaded the app and it does measure in HZ .. need the frequency for the RT?..

I don’t know the answer but someone maybe able to assist him

Thanks

I may be able to help out in a few days. I have the Gates Sonic Tension Meter and it does measure in both tension and frequency. I can check it for you the next time I get my RT up on a jack, which should be soon since I'm due for an oil change and will be doing most of a scheduled maintenance. PM me a reminder, and I'll reply with the freq as soon as I can get it.

Devious56
06-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Search for Doc Riversider here on the forum, and send him a message. I think he has a post about that, but I know for a fact he can answer your questions as he did my RT using that method.