PDA

View Full Version : Spyders meet in Omaha, Nebraska

Major Finder
05-30-2009, 10:27 PM
We had a small rally of Spyder owners in Omaha, Nebraska, today at the Leisure Life Motorsports dealer's open house. Big Arm rode down from Sioux City, Iowa. 2spyders and Major Finder rode from Lincoln, Nebraska, and jimclarkf1 rode in from the nearby Omaha area. Future Spyder owners were continuously signing up to take the test rydes on a perfect summer day.
I had a wonderful visit with Big Arm during the day as he showed me all of his mods, many of which he created and built himself, demonstrating his tremendous skill and talent. 2spyders and her husband were busy adding another mod and told us about the thrilling ryde she had on the track as she posted last week. jimclarkf1 rode up as I was getting ready to leave but stayed for a photo opportunity.

I am continuously amazed and pleased at the wonderful folks I meet who are Spyder ryders. Today's visit reconfirmed that Spyder owners and ryders are a terrific bunch of humans. I am also amazed that as many Spyders that are out there on the highways, folks still come up to me and say they have never seen anything like the Spyder and ask the same questions.

Major Finder

effgjamis
05-30-2009, 10:31 PM
I am glad to see someone from the ole stomping grounds of many years past... Ole Beatrice and Rawlings....
Of course DeWitt, home of the peterson vice grips.

Big Arm
05-31-2009, 08:26 AM
I have to say that I really enjoyed meeting Major Finder, 2spyders, and jimclarkf1 in Omaha, Sat. afternoon.
Had a real nice visit with each, and of course we had to check out each others ride. Major Finder has the
No Magic Neon 4" risers, that really caught my attention. That was the first time I had seen them, and they are really a top quality item. He also had the Corbin seat with back rest, that I just had to try out, along with an F3 windshield. He definitly has his Spyder set up for some nice crusing . He also tells me he grew up about 30 miles East of Sioux City, and jimclarkf1 tells me he purchased his Spyder off ebay from a guy that lives about 3miles from me, here in Sioux City. Talk about a small world.
There was also a BRP rep there, Aaron Clayton who we also had a nice chat with. He said they are setting up a big demo ride for Leisure Life Sports in Omaha for mid to late August, so maybe next time we will have more Spyder owners show up.
Again, It was nice meeting you all, and hope to do this again soon.

2spyders
05-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Good to see you again, Major, and to meet you, BigArm. Sorry we couldn't stay long. You know...so many motorcycle shops, so little time...